Five things to know on Day 13 in Las Vegas
1) The New Orleans summer league team wrapped up its time in Las Vegas on Friday with a 78-77 defeat against Washington, in a consolation-round game. Austin Rivers and Darius Miller continued to play well on the offensive end, delivering 23 and 15 points, respectively. The Pelicans finished 2-3 at NBA Summer League.
2) Watch Pelicans GM Dell Demps discuss the offseason in this sitdown video interview with Rob Nice. Demps also stopped by the NBA TV broadcast for an extended conversation.
3) The New Orleans Saints and New Orleans Pelicans enjoy the most unique connection between two franchises in all of professional sports. On Friday, the teams announced that they will begin broadcasting a daily half-hour online radio show next week. It will be called “The Black and Blue Report” and air at 1 p.m. Central from Monday through Friday.
4) Al-Farouq Aminu was one of a handful of New Orleans veterans who visited Las Vegas to support the summer league squad. Read why Aminu is grateful to be back for Year 3 with the same NBA team.
5) Pierre Jackson did not enjoy a smooth ride during summer league in his hometown, whether it was due to being sidelined while his draft-night trade was being approved, or recently contracting pinkeye. Read how Jackson has overcome much greater obstacles than those during his path to becoming an NBA draft pick.