Five things to know about the Pelicans on Oct. 3
1) The first of 20-plus episodes of the “Monty Williams Show” airs tonight at 8 p.m. on WWL-FM 105.3. The initial show of 2013-14 will be highlighted by a recap of the Pelicans’ busy offseason and sitdown interviews with Williams and Ryan Anderson.
2) Read more on Tyreke Evans’ move to New Orleans and why he’s happy to have found some stability after what had been constantly changing surroundings for him in Sacramento.
3) Along with Evans, Jrue Holiday is excited about what coming to New Orleans will mean for him on the court during the 2013-14 season, including a potential spike in his already-healthy assist numbers.
4) Check out an update from the second day of Pelicans training camp, including the fact that New Orleans’ backcourt depth has created a challenge for Williams and the team’s coaching staff.
5) Today’s edition of the “Black and Blue Report” will feature an interview with Pelicans center/forward Jason Smith. The Wednesday show – sometimes known on the show as “Wesley Day” – was capped by a discussion with Pelicans TV analyst David Wesley.