Five things to know about the Pelicans on Oct. 29
1) The Pelicans held practice Monday in the New Orleans Arena, part of their preparations for playing home games in the building during the regular season. Tuesday’s practice is scheduled to be at the Metairie facility.
2) Watch videos from Monday’s practice, including point guard Brian Roberts discussing the importance of the Pelicans starting the season quickly.
3) A new era in New Orleans basketball officially begins Wednesday with a 7 p.m. home game against the Indiana Pacers. The Pelicans announced yesterday that all fans will receive a team schedule magnet, courtesy of Fox Sports New Orleans.
4) Listen to the Black & Blue Report today and tomorrow for special, hour-long Pelicans season preview shows. The team’s TV and radio on-air talent will be featured in Tuesday’s show.
5) While the Pelicans don’t begin play until Wednesday, the NBA regular season starts Tuesday night at 6 p.m. Central in a game between Orlando and Indiana, the Pelicans’ first two regular season opponents. Also on the docket and televised by TNT: Chicago at Miami, Clippers at Lakers.