Five things to know about the Pelicans on Oct. 18
1) New Orleans continued its impressive preseason in Tulsa on Thursday night, edging Oklahoma City by a final of 105-102. Eric Gordon led the Pelicans with 21 points, all in the first three quarters, while Brian Roberts closed out the win with 10 points in the final period.
2) Watch video highlights from Thursday’s win, which gave the Pelicans a league-best 5-0 record in preseason.
3) The Pelicans’ team flight landed in Lexington, Ky., after midnight this morning and will practice Friday in the city. Saturday’s 6 p.m. Central (7 p.m. in Kentucky) preseason game at Rupp Arena against the Wizards should be a very unique one, with tickets selling quickly. The game at the University of Kentucky marks the return of NBA No. 1 overall draft picks Anthony Davis and John Wall. Darius Miller, who has played in more games than anyone in UK history, is out with a foot injury.
4) Following Saturday’s game, the Pelicans’ next game won't be until the long-awaited basketball opening of the New Orleans Arena on Wednesday. Tickets are available for the 7 p.m. preseason home game vs. the Miami Heat.
5) In case you missed it, make sure to listen to Thursday’s Black & Blue Report, including a compelling interview with assistant coach Bryan Gates on the coaching profession and preseason road trips. Yahoo! NBA analyst Marc Spears also was a guest. Friday’s show features a visit by Pelicans TV broadcaster Joel Meyers.