Five things to know about the Pelicans on Oct. 15
1) The team will practice for a second straight day Tuesday following Sunday’s 105-73 victory over Atlanta that improved New Orleans to 4-0 in preseason.
2) Read a practice report from Monday, including Eric Gordon’s comments on returning to the court soon.
3) The Pelicans are expected to practice Wednesday prior to taking a team flight in the afternoon to Tulsa. New Orleans will face Oklahoma City on Thursday at 7 p.m. Central.
4) On the same two-game road trip, the Pelicans will face the Washington Wizards on Saturday in Lexington, Ky., at 6 p.m. (Central). Listen to the Black & Blue Report today for Anthony Davis’ thoughts on returning for a game at the University of Kentucky. On Monday’s BBR, Greg Stiemsma paid a visit with Sean Kelley.
5) NBA TV has begun its annual series of October team preview shows. The 30-minute preview special on the 2013-14 Pelicans will debut on Friday at 6 p.m. Central. The show will repeat multiple times over the next few days, including Saturday at 9:30 a.m.