Five things to know about the Pelicans on Oct. 1
By: Jim Eichenhofer, Pelicans.com, @Jim_Eichenhofer
1) New Orleans training camp begins this morning with a practice from 10 a.m. to noon. We’ll have coverage of Monty Williams’ post-practice time with the media and more. The Pelicans will later hold a second practice today from 5 to 7 p.m. that is closed to the media.
2) In his second pro season, Anthony Davis is no small reason why the Pelicans figure to be one of the NBA’s most intriguing teams this season.
3) Jason Smith will be on the court at Tuesday’s practices after being cleared by medical staff to play. Tuesday will be Smith’s first “full-contact, full-bore” basketball action since his surgery.
4) Dell Demps turned heads around the NBA this summer with some of the moves he made, including the acquisition of 23-year-old talents Jrue Holiday and Tyreke Evans. Now the general manager is excited about watching the team’s roster become a cohesive unit during training camp.
5) Read a positional breakdown on the Pelicans’ roster Demps has put together since he took over as GM in 2010.