Five things to know about the Pelicans on March 29
1) New Orleans (32-40) made it a fifth straight win Friday under further adverse personnel circumstances, beating Utah 102-95 despite losing Anthony Davis to an ankle injury just 3:43 into the game. Upon Davis’ exit, the Pelicans only had nine healthy players.
2) Davis’ status is expected to be updated today. He traveled with the team to San Antonio.
3) Watch Friday’s postgame interview with Monty Williams. Austin Rivers and Anthony Morrow also are featured in Pelivision. Williams: “We don’t know who we’re going to have (Saturday to play).”
4) For the short-handed Pelicans’ next trick, they’ll try to end the Spurs’ 16-game winning streak Saturday at 7:30 p.m. (Fox Sports New Orleans, Pelicans Radio Network). San Antonio scored a season-high 133 points in beating Denver last night. The Pelicans arrived at their hotel in the Alamo City around 1 a.m.
5) After an off day Sunday, the Pelicans are back in Smoothie King Center on Monday, to face Sacramento. Tickets are available here.