Five things to know about the Pelicans on Jan. 7
1) The team finally made it to Miami last night after being stuck in Indianapolis for two extra days due to the weather conditions. The Pelicans arrived at their hotel on Biscayne Boulevard at around 11:30 p.m. Monday. Their anticipated noon flight from Indianapolis did not end up departing until 8:15 p.m.
2) Due to the unusual sit-and-wait circumstances, New Orleans (15-17) was unable to hold a practice Monday, meaning players have not had any physical basketball activity since Saturday’s loss at Indiana (Sunday was a scheduled off day).
3) The Pelicans will hold a shootaround this morning at their Miami hotel (which fortunately has a full-size basketball court on its premises), then get some much-needed rest, before taking on the two-time defending champion Heat (26-8) at 6:30 p.m. Central. The game will be televised by Fox Sports New Orleans, as well as nationally on NBA TV. Pelicans-Heat was voted the weekly “Fan Night” game for the network.
4) Monday’s Black & Blue Report featured an interview with Pelicans trainer Jon Ishop, who discusses the team’s wild travel experience this week and gives an update on forward Ryan Anderson.
5) The Pelicans won’t have any time to decompress from the road trip, immediately jumping back into game action Wednesday with a home tilt vs. the Washington Wizards. Tickets are available here.