Five things to know about the Pelicans on Jan. 2
1) New Orleans (14-16) opened 2014 with a chance to get back to .500, but instead was dominated 124-112 by Minnesota last night. The Timberwolves led by as many as 30 points in the third quarter.
2) Eric Gordon returned from a three-game injury absence against Minnesota.
3) Watch postgame video of Anthony Davis in the locker room at Target Center on Wednesday.
4) The Pelicans will practice this morning in frigid Minneapolis, then head to Boston this afternoon. The Pelicans will face the Celtics (13-18) at 6:30 p.m. Central on Friday (Fox Sports New Orleans, Pelicans Radio Network).
5) Starting Friday, every game for the remainder of the New Orleans season will be televised live by either Fox Sports New Orleans or ESPN. The latter has three February broadcasts of the Pelicans.