Five things to know about Pelicans draft day
1. If you’re in New Orleans, experience draft night with other Pelican fans at the official draft party at Manning’s restaurant (519 Fulton St.) presented by Harrah’s and Bud Light. Star players Anthony Davis and Jason Smith will be there along with broadcaster David Wesley. Doors open at 5:30.
2. We’ll have exclusive access on Pelicans.com to New Orleans’ draft room in the hours prior to the draft. Visit the site early Thursday evening for pre-draft interviews with Mickey Loomis, Dell Demps and Monty Williams.
3. The team’s PR and video production staff headed to Brooklyn on Wednesday to help document the inaugural Pelicans draft. Check Pelicans.com for behind-the-scenes videos and photos from the Barclays Center.
4. In addition to joining other fans at the draft party, visit Pelicans.com at 2 p.m. Thursday to discuss the 2013 NBA Draft. We’ll be hosting a LIVE CHAT a few hours before New Orleans is on the clock. Pelicans.com writer Jim Eichenhofer will stop by to discuss the unpredictable 2013 draft.
5. We’re planning to live stream video from Pelicans headquarters including the post-pick press conference. Drop by the website and check it out.