Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 6
1) As Sean Kelley tweeted, today is somewhat like “Christmas in August” for NBA fans and media members. At 5 p.m. Central this evening, the NBA will release the entire 82-game schedule for the 2013-14 season. NBA TV will broadcast an hour-long special show at 5, while NBA.com will post the details at some point during the show.
2) During the 5 o’clock hour, Pelicans.com will have the team’s entire 82-game schedule, as well as a list of 20 games to watch and other schedule-related notes.
3) Make sure to listen to Wednesday afternoon’s Black and Blue Report for full analysis and discussion of the Pelicans’ schedule. You can listen to BBR each weekday after 1 p.m.
4) On Monday, the 38 finalists for the Pelicans’ dance team were announced. The final roster will be unveiled later this week.
5) Watch this video recap of Saturday’s dance team tryouts.