Five things to know about the Pelicans on April 14
1) New Orleans (32-48) has two more games remaining, both at home, starting with tonight’s 7 p.m. contest against Oklahoma City (58-22). Tickets are available here on a Guys Night Out.
2) The Pelicans can play a bit of a spoiler role, because Oklahoma City needs a win to clinch the No. 2 seed in the Western Conference tonight. The Clippers are third in the West.
3) The team is holding shootaround this morning; the status of recently-injured players such as Tyreke Evans, Brian Roberts and Greg Stiemsma will likely be updated during pregame, about 90 minutes prior to tip-off.
4) With only eight players available, the Pelicans built a double-digit lead against the Rockets on Saturday, but couldn’t hang on in a 111-104 defeat.
5) New Orleans will have a rematch vs. Houston on Wednesday at Smoothie King Center, in the team’s final game of 2013-14.