The New Orleans Hornets are holding auditions for their Stingers Junior Dance Team. The audition is open to boys and girls between the ages of 7 and 12 who are energetic, have dance experience and are interested in being part of an exciting hip-hop team that performs at Hornets home games.
- Registration begins at 10:00 a.m. ONLY ONE parent/guardian is to accompany the participant in the process.
- Auditions start promptly at 11:00 a.m. No one will be permitted to enter once the auditions start! Auditions are expected to end at approximately 5:00 pm (based on participants in attendance).
- Lunch breaks will be determined at appropriate times during the audition process. The New Orleans Arena concession stands will be open. No outside food or beverages will be permitted.
- Free parking is available in Lot #3. You will enter the arena through the entrance located directly across the street.
- All choreography will be taught the day of the auditions. Children do not need to come prepared with an original routine.
- All applicants must be at least 7 years of age and no older than 12 years of age on August 6, 2011. Birthdays should fall between August 7, 1998 and August 6, 2004. No exceptions!
- Parent/guardian must complete a Stingers application and a release form. Download an application here. All release forms will be signed during the registration period the morning of the audition.
- Proof of age is required to audition. You must provide a copy of your birth certificate when registering in order to tryout.
- At registration all applicants must also submit a recent photo (5x7 or larger). Photos do not need to be professional quality and WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
- Please wear any dance wear and athletic shoes/sneakers. This is anything that your child can move comfortably in. There are no specific guidelines for attire.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What do the Stingers do?
The Stingers perform energetic hip hop routines at selected Hornets home games. They may also make appearances at Hornets events throughout the season.
What is the time commitment involved?
All Stingers will need to be available on Monday nights for practice from 6-8 pm. Performances will only be on weekend nights or during holiday weeks so as not to interfere with school nights. Performance and practice schedules will be distributed before the start of the season.
How many spots are available?
All Stingers must tryout every year to compete for their spot on the team. We are looking for about 20 dancers, but may choose more or less depending on the talent.
What are the judges looking for?
The judges will be looking for talented dancers who can catch on to the choreography and perform it with enthusiasm. Showmanship, personality, and confidence are key.
Is dance experience required?
Dance experienced is NOT required in order to audition. However, those with dance experience will more than likely be able to catch on to the choreography a little easier.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email email@example.com.