Pacers and National Basketball Academy Offer Summer Camps
Gatorade Helps Pacers Take Basketball on the Road Throughout Central Indiana
May 16, 2012
The Indiana Pacers and the National Basketball Academy have teamed up to produce a variety of Youth Hoops Basketball Camps which will be held at various locations throughout Central Indiana this summer between May 30 and August 14. These instructional camps, presented by Gatorade, are specifically designed for boys and girls, 5-17 years of age.
There will be 11 different sessions, held in such communities as Greenwood, Greenfield, Brownsburg, Noblesville, Zionsville and Indianapolis. Some of the camps are a week long; others only a day or two. Campers will be able to find the ideal camp for them with the right location and time.
The camps, which will feature all-time Pacers legend Darnell “Dr. Dunk” Hillman, will include daily skill competitions, 3-on-3 and 5-on-5 games and more. Each camper will also receive a ticket to a 2012-13 Pacers home game, a skill packet, a wrist-band and a Pacers tee-shirt. At some select sites, campers will receive their very own basketball. Three of the camps will feature an WNBA Indiana Fever player as a guest instructor and free Fever game tickets will be distributed.
“We of course are very proud of basketball in this state,” said Hillman, now the Associate Director of Alumni Relations for the Pacers. “We are so happy to be able to take our show on the road and assist in the development of many young people.”
For more information or to register for a camp, please visit pacerscamps.com, call Adam Branch at 317.452.0349, or view our PDF with camp information (opens in a new window). Discounts are available for Pacers season ticket holders, siblings of campers and military personnel. Cost for each camp varies based on number of days and hours.
Schedule and Camp Information
- May 30-June 1 – The Gathering Place, Greenwood – $100.00
- June 11-15 – The Sports Zone, Indianapolis – $195.00
- June 18-22 – Thatcher Park Family Center, Indianapolis – $125.00
- June 23 – Jordan YMCA, Indianapolis – $50.00
- June 25-29 – Indy Indoor Sports Park, Indianapolis – $195.00
- July 2-3 – Boys & Girls Club of Hancock County, Greenfield – $60.00
- July 9- 13 – Connection Pointe Church, Brownsburg – $195.00
- July 16-20 – Greenwood Community Center, Greenwood – $195.00
- July 23-27 – The Sports Zone, Indianapolis – $195.00
- July 30-Aug. 3 – Boys & Girls Club of Zionsville – $195.00
- Aug. 4 – Boys & Girls Club of Noblesville – $50.00