2013-14 Pacemates Auditions
July 1, 2013
Do you want to be a part of the excitement? Now is your chance... are you ready?
Be a Part of Pacers History! Get Paid to Dance! Look Glamorous! Get Noticed!
Sign Up Here for 2013 Pacemates Auditions »
Auditions will be held on August 5th at Bankers Life Fieldhouse! Please revisit this page regularly for updates!
Follow us on Twitter: @Pacemates
- Date: Monday, August 5, 2013
- Location: Bankers Life Fieldhouse (BLF), 125 S. Pennsylvania Street, Indianapolis, IN **
- Registration: 5:00pm (Auditions begin at 5:45pm); Pre-register below, however walk-up registrations are accepted.
- All candidates that are selected as finalists should be prepared to stay as late as needed (no exceptions).
- You will not need to prepare your own routine.
- The first round will consist of 2-3 eliminations that will include freestyle, jazz technique and hip-hop choreography.
- Recommended items: Snacks, water bottle, towel, items to freshen up between rounds.
- No video auditions will be accepted.
Note: The Audition Showcase will be held on Thursday, August 15, 2013 at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
All dancers that advance to the finals must be available for the following rehearsals/events:
- Interviews: Each candidate must participate in a 30-minute panel interview on one of the following dates between the hours of 8:30am-4:30pm. Times will be set on 8/5 (may or may not use both days for interviews)
- Wednesday, August 7
- Thursday, August 8
- Rehearsal: Monday, August 12 @ BLF (6:00pm - 10:00pm)
- Rehearsal: Tuesday, August 13 @ BLF (6:00pm - 10:00pm)
- Tech Rehearsal: Wednesday, August 14 @ BLF (6:00pm - 10:00pm)
- Audition Showcase: Thursday, August 15 @ BLF at 7:00 pm (Call Time TBD) - ALL MEMBERS WILL BE NAMED (Remember this event is open to the public!)
If you are chosen as a member of the team, you will need to be available for the following:
- Saturday, August 17 - Hair appointments/make-over day!
- Friday, September 1-Sunday, September 15 - Possible photo shoot
- Early/mid-October - Possible overseas trip for select members of the squad***
***It is highly suggested that you have a current passport and/or have plans to apply for one as soon as the team is announced. The cost of the passport and/or any expedite charges will not be reimbursed.
- Must be 18 years of age
- High school diploma or GED
- Dancers must be able to attend rehearsals twice a week.
- If selected, dancers must have transportation to rehearsals and games.
- Must be available for all phases of the audition process and be prepared to stay as long as necessary (no exceptions).
- Must provide one non-returnable full-length photo (5x7 or larger preferred). Photos are used for identification purposes. Professional photos are not mandatory. Photos should be a current representation of what you will look like at auditions.
- Must be of good moral character
- Must have a flexible schedule and be able to commit to the Indiana Pacemates’ schedule, which includes but is not limited to all rehearsals, designated home games, community, charitable and corporate appearances for the entire contracted year.
Click to Sign Up for Pacemates Auditions and Clinics »
- Previous dance training and experience in both jazz and hip-hop. Tumbling skills are a bonus, but not required!
The 2013-14 Pacemates Audition Clinics will be held from 6-8:30pm at Bankers Life Fieldhouse on:
- Thursday, July 18
- Thursday, July 25
- Thursday, August 1
Registration will begin at 5:30 PM for each session. Clinic Fee: $30 pre-registration/session (If you attend all 3 clinics, the last clinic will be $20).
Although the clinics are not mandatory, it will be beneficial to anyone planning to audition. Participants will learn routines that the Pacemates have performed on the court which will allow them to get an idea of the style of dance that will be taught at the audition. Participants will also have a chance to learn tips on how to look and perform and have the opportunity to ask questions about the audition process and the upcoming season.
Recommended Salon for styling needs:
Salon 01- The Official Salon of the Indiana Pacemates
Visit www.salon01.com for more information. Call 317-580-0101 to make your appointment now. Tell them that you are auditioning for the Indiana Pacemates when you call!
What should I wear to both the audition clinics and auditions?
A two-piece dance outfit with flesh-colored nylons. Midriff and legs must be exposed. No baggy clothing and no lingerie. You may wear any kind of dance shoe (non-marking soles). No high heels or jewelry (stud earrings are acceptable). Hair and make-up must be 'game night ready'! COME TO AUDITIONS LOOKING GLAMOROUS! Please wear hair down—no pony tails. Those candidates that make the finals will be asked to wear Pacers apparel/Pacers colors to the final audition showcase (midriff bearing top with shorts). Finalists will also be asked to have a pair of plain black lycra/spandex shorts for the showcase as well.
Also, if you are selected as a finalist on August 5th, a photo shoot will take place after the actual audition. These photos will be used for online voting on pacers.com.
What should I bring to auditions?
Please bring a current non-returnable, 5x7 full-length color photo of yourself in a midriff top and shorts. Bring snacks and plenty of water since you will be here most of the evening(s). You may also need to bring hair and make-up products for touch-ups.
If I make the team, what is the commitment?
If you are selected, you will be contracted with the Indiana Pacemates from the date of auditions until the date of the next auditions (Summer 2014). Indiana Pacemates perform at all Pacers home games as scheduled. Dancers must be able to attend practices twice a week beginning in August 2013 (tentatively scheduled on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:00-9:30pm). If selected, dancers must also have transportation to rehearsals and games. Members are also asked to participate in appearances and various events on behalf of Pacers Sports & Entertainment throughout the contracted season.
What should I expect after being selected as a member of the 2013-2014 Indiana Pacemates?
- Being a member of the NBA’s first dance team AND part of Indiana Pacers history!
- Experiencing the excitement of performing in front of over 18,000 Pacers fans at every home game
- Local & national media exposure- Just during the week of auditions, we have 1,000,000 hits on our website. Yes, 1 MILLION!!!!
- Potential travel opportunities! In the past 8 seasons, the Pacemates have traveled to Kosovo, Bosnia, Vienna, London, Iceland, Norway, Ft. Lewis in Texas, Seattle, South Dakota, Las Vegas, China, Taiwan & the Philippines and more!
- Acting as a role model and making a positive impact on the Indianapolis & surrounding communities by participating in various events
- Enjoying numerous perks such as professional hair make-overs and hair care by Salon 01- the Official Salon of the Indiana Pacemates, tanning by Sun Tan City, professional make-up application lessons by MAC, professional photography sessions, and so much more!
- Getting paid for something that you love!
- Making lifelong friends with your teammates!
Are there height and weight requirements?
No, but fitness is very important. You must be in good physical condition and proportioned for your height. We recommend that you follow a regular exercise program and healthy diet leading up to auditions and throughout the season if selected.
Is there maximum age limit to be an Indiana Pacemate?
No. The minimum age is 18 years old, but there is no maximum age. The current team ranges from 19-32 years of age.
What will the coach/judges be looking at during auditions?
Candidates will be judged on appearance, fitness, dance ability, style, strength and execution of choreography, energy, projection and potential.
Is being an Indiana Pacemate a full-time job?
No. Members of the Indiana Pacemates are either full-time students, hold full-time jobs or are full-time moms! The Pacemates get paid for their practice time, games and appearances.
Do current team members have to re-audition?
Yes. Everyone must go through the audition process each season and no one is guaranteed a place on the team.
For more information, please contact Michelle Duggan at (317) 917-2886 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Click to Sign Up for Pacemates Auditions and Clinics »