ESPN Ultimate Rankings Rank Pacers Number 4
by Jeff Tzucker
September 10, 2012
Your Indiana Pacers were recently ranked the No. 4 franchise in ESPN's Ultimate Standings 2012. Last year, the Pacers were ranked 48 and in 2007, they were ranked 114.
Read their full analysis of the Pacers »
ESPN's Ultimate Standings is currently in its 10th year and, through a variety of metrics based on fan feedback, rates all franchises in the MLB, NBA, NFL, and NHL. In all, there are 122 franchises.
NBA franchises took 4 out of the top 5 spots, with the Green Bay Packers representing the only non-NBA team ahead of the Pacers.
Each franchise ranking is based these categories:
- Bang For The Buck (BNG): Wins during the past three years (regular season plus postseason) per revenues directly from fans, adjusted for league schedules.
- Fan Relations (FRL): Openness and consideration toward fans by players, coaches and management.
- Ownership (OWN): Honesty and loyalty to core players and local community.
- Affordability (AFF): Price of tickets, parking and concessions.
- Stadium Experience (STX): Quality of arena and game-day promotions as well as friendliness of environment.
- Players (PLA): Effort on the field and likability off it.
- Coaching (CCH): Strength of on-field leadership.
- Title Track (TTR): Championships already won or expected in the lifetime of current fans.