Meet The Team - Ty Lawson
- Position: Point Guard
- Height: 5-11 / 1.80
- Weight: 195 lbs. / 88.5 kg.
- Born: Nov 3, 1987
- College: North Carolina
- Years Pro:1
Drafted by the Minnesota Timberwolves in the first round (18th overall) of the 2009 NBA Draft ... Draft rights traded by Minnesota to Denver Nuggets in exchange for a future first round pick ... (6/25/09) ... Averaged 17.2 ppg and 4.0 rpg, 3.8 apg and 1.20 spg in 31.1 mpg in five games (all starts) for the Nuggets entry in the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas in July 2009 ... MORE
- Lawson was named to the Final Four All-Tournament Team after leading North Carolina to the 2009 NCAA Championship. Lawson scored 21 points and recorded a title-game record eight steals in UNC’s 89-72 victory over Michigan State.
- Lawson won the 2009 Bob Cousy Award, which honors the nation’s top collegiate point guard.
- Lawson was named the ACC Player of the Year for the 2008-09 season after averaging 16.6 points per game and setting an ACC single-season record with a 3.49 assist-to-turnover ratio.
- In eight starts as a rookie in 2009-10, Lawson averaged 17.0 points, 5.9 assists and 1.13 steals per game.
- Lawson’s 17 points and six assists in his NBA debut (10/28/09) were the most by a Nugget rookie in his debut since Bobby Jackson had 27 points on 10/31/97 and Jalen Rose had six assists on 11/4/94.