What the Nuggets are Saying Following Victory Against Lakers
By Christopher Dempsey
WHAT THEY SAID:
Nuggets coach Michael Malone on the win: “It was another solid defensive effort. … My favorite stat is the 36 assists on 45 made field goals. Everybody got in on the act; (Danilo Gallinari) had five, (Gary Harris) had seven. It was a group effort. When we defend and play like that, we were so unselfish, good things happen.”
Gary Harris on how the Nuggets put together a 22-2 run in the second quarter: “I don’t know. It happened so fast. We were getting stops, we were playing hard. We were just getting out in transition and sharing the ball.”
Harris on Nikola Jokic’s backward pass to Will Barton: “Man, that dude can pass. It was a heck of a play.”
Mason Plumlee on the win: “I think we are playing with good rhythm right now. I just think guys are playing together and it makes the game easy for everybody. I think the assist number was high tonight, and that’s always good.”
- The 28-point win over the Lakers tied for the Nuggets’ largest win this season.
- Will Barton’s 22 points marked the 10th time this season he’s scored at least 20 points in a game. It was his highest point total in any game since scoring 24 points against Golden State on Feb. 13.
- With the win, the Nuggets took the season series over the Lakers 2-1. They have now won the season series over the Lakers in five straight seasons and in seven of the last eight.
- Mason Plumlee put up another double-double, this one 15 points and 10 rebounds as a starter at power forward. It was his fourth double-double since coming over to the Nuggets. It was also Plumlee’s fourth start with the Nuggets. In those starts, he’s averaging 13.8 points, 10.3 rebounds,
- The Nuggets had 36 assists in the game, which was their highest assist total of the season. In the last 64 games in which they’ve collected at least 30 assists, the Nuggets are 62-2.