Prospect Profile: Chris Udofia
In-depth look at the draft prospect out of Denver
"I want to finish what I started here," Udofia said. "But I'd love to play in the NBA or overseas. I'd like to keep playing as long as my body allows me to."
Three-point field goals: 2012-13, .343; 2013-14, .222.
- Denver University's captain
- Ended his career ranked first in DU history in both blocked shots (256) and games played (124); fifth in points (1,501) and field goals made (551); seventh in assists (349), steals (141) and free throws made (334)
- Voted Summit League Defensive Player of the Year
- Selected to the All-Summit League First Team
- Nominated for Senior CLASS Award
He does a great job understanding spacing on the court and works mainly out of screener situations. Udofia can be a threat in pick-and-roll and pick-and-pop situations, and he has shown that he can knock down open shots behind the college 3-point line. While not very strong around the basket, Udofia is athletic and uses that well to finish creatively at the rim. He has very good court vision and makes strong passes out of the high post. On defense, Udofia can be a strong on-ball defender, pressuring the ball well and moving well laterally. He also does a good job defending off the ball and seeing what is developing around him.
""I believe your best player is your hardest worker, that's Chris."
"Udofia may not be a well-known name, but many came to realize how good he was in 24-point game last season against Maryland in the NIT."
|ESPN.com||CBS Sports||Yahoo! Sports||HoopsHype|
|After first round||After first round||After first round||After first round|