Prospect Profile: Andrew Wiggins
In-depth look at the draft prospect out of Kansas
"I'm confident I'm ready," Wiggins said. "No one game's perfect. I have a lot work on."
|6'8"||200||7'0"||Guard||Kansas||Vaughan, Ontario, Canada|
Three-point field goals: 2013-14, 43-for-126 (.341)
- A consensus Second Team All-America selection.
- Selected to the John R. Wooden All-America team, the Associated Press, NABC, USBWA, SI.com and Sports News All-America Second team, and USBWA Freshman All-America team.
- Named Big 12 Freshman of the Year and to the All-Big 12 First Team.
- Set Kansas freshman records in scoring average (17.1 pgg) and free throws made (176), among others.
- Was the first Jayhawk to break the 40-point barrier since 1991 with 41 points against West Virginia.
- Named the Naismith High School Player of the Year, Gatorade Athlete of the Year, and was a McDonald's All-American in high school.
Extraordinary athlete with a great basketball body. Super long and rangy. Exceptional lateral quickness. Explosive leaper. Already a gifted defender and has the makings of a top-line NBA scorer in time.
"Wiggins is one of the three or four best prospects in the last decade. He has the ability to completely turn around a franchise. "
"Remember when some were describing Wiggins as a disappointment? That seemed silly in November and December, and, simply put, it looks dumb now considering Wiggins, as predicted, developed into one of the nation's most overwhelming college players.”
"Wiggins' natural abilities give him the potential to be a fantastic pro, but he needs to be more aggressive on a consistent basis."
|ESPN.com||CBS Sports||Yahoo! Sports||HoopsHype|