Prospect Profile: Aaron Gordon
In-depth look at the draft prospect out of Arizona
"I'm going to show what I bring to the table, so many things as far as my leadership and my ability to defend and knock down shots," Johnson said during a press conference. "If you ask me, I'm a basketball player."
|6'9"||225||6'11.75"||Forward||Arizona||San Jose, Calif.|
Three-point field goals: 2013-14, 16-for-45 (.356).
- Selected First Team All-Pac-12 and Pac-12 Freshman of the Year in 2013-14.
- Helped Arizona to a 33-5 record, a Pac-12 regular-season title and an Elite Eight appearance.
- In FIBA competition, earned MVP honors while leading the United States to a gold medal at the 2013 U19 World Championship.
- Averaged team highs of 16.2 points and 6.2 rebounds in addition to shooting 61.2 percent from the field.
- Led Team USA to the 2011 FIBA Americas Championship gold medal with team-highs of 17.0 points, 11.2 rebounds and 3.2 blocks.
- Named to the 2011-12 USA Developmental National Team and participated in the 2010 USA Basketball Developmental National Team mini-camp.
Supreme athlete. Explosive leaper with a high motor. Excellent finisher around the basket. Good ball-handler for his size and solid passer. Plays within the team concept. Understands who he is.
Gordon's got a combination of ability, desire and selflessness that will make teams more than happy to "settle" for him, should he drop beyond the top five in the draft.
"Plays to win. Played for Arizona, not for Gordon. Tremendous passer for a guy his size. Unique ball-handler and rebounds well."
|ESPN.com||CBS Sports||Yahoo! Sports||HoopsHype|