Audition Participants must:
- be at least 18 years of age or 16 years of age with a parent or guardian present to sign a waiver on the participant's behalf
- wear a half top, briefs or boy shorts, and shoes with non-marking soles
- submit non-returnable headshot (at least 5x7; does not need to be professional but must be clear and contain only the audition participant)
- submit a dance resume including any previous dance teams, classes or workshops, current employment and training, educational background, and 2-3 references
- professional looking hair and makeup are encouraged
- live in the Denver area and have reliable transportation to and from all Nuggets home games and practices
Saturday, July 9: Preliminary Auditions
Registration: 9:30 – 10:30 a.m.
Sunday, July 10: Interviews / Photo Shoot / Choreography Showcase / Semi-final Dance Audition
Interviews / Photo Shoot: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Choreography Showcase / Semi-Final Dance Audition: 3:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday, July 12: Training Camp – 7-10 p.m.
Tuesday, July 19: Training Camp – 7-10 p.m.
Thursday, July 21: Final Dance Audition - 7-10 p.m.
* Audition schedule subject to change.
The preliminary round of auditions will be held at the Pepsi Center. All participants are required to wear a half top with briefs or boyshorts. Headshots and resumes will be collected at the preliminary audition registration. The preliminary round will consist of two sets of choreography, one jazz piece and one hip hop piece. Dancers will learn the first routine and audition in small groups in front of a panel of judges before the first cuts are made. Dancers will then learn a second routine and audition in smaller groups in front of the judges. Dancers making it through the second round of cuts will be asked to return the next day for the Choreography Showcase / Semi-finals.
Semi-Finalist Interviews & Photo Shoot:
Semi-finalists will be asked to attend an individual interview with a panel of judges on Sunday, July 10. These 10-minute interviews will be held at the Pepsi Center (location subject to change) and will be followed by an individual photo shoot with the Denver Nuggets team photographer. A Nuggets Dancers uniform and boots will be provided to each finalist for the photo shoot. Dancers should arrive 10 minutes prior to their interview time for check-in. Interview/photos shoot times will be scheduled after the semi- finalists are announced on Saturday, July 9.
Choreography Showcase & Semi-Final Dance Audition:
On Sunday, July 10 each dancer will each present their own 45-60 second piece of choreography in front of each other and a panel of judges. The music and style of choreography is left to the dancer’s discretion. Any costumes or props used in the choreography must have non-marking pads to protect the floor. The semi-final dance audition will consist of each dancer performing the material learned on the first day of auditions. The dancers who will be asked to attend training camp will be announced at the end of the day.
Training Camp will be held on the Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 7-10pm beginning on July 12 . Details of the training camp will be made available after the finalists are announced on Sunday, July 10. All dates of the training camp are mandatory.
Final Dance Audition:
The Final Dance Audition will be held on Thursday, July 21 from 7-10pm. Details of the Final Dance Audition will be announced to finalists during training camp.
- Prep Classes: Attire left to dancer's discretion. Must wear non-marking soles.
- Prelims: Half top / sports bra and briefs or boyshorts. You will not be allowed to audition in jeans or dance pants. Dance sneakers or jazz shoes are recommended, but not required.
- Semi - Finalists Interviews:Professional business attire.
- Semi-Finalists Photo Shoots: Nuggets Dancers uniform and boots provided. Semi-finalists are responsible for pantyhose/tights.
- Choreography Showcase: Any dance wear or costume appropriate for the choreography presented.
- Semi-Finals: Same as prelims.
- Training Camp: Black dance shorts and black crop top. Dance sneakers or jazz shoes are recommended, but not required.
- Final Dance Audition: Details announced at training camp.