Officiating news and NBA Rulebook
POSTED: Nov 14, 2014 10:30 AM ET
• Rule Changes:
2014-15 (PDF) | 2013-14 (PDF) | 2012-13 (PDF)
2011-12 | 2010-11 | 2009-10 | 08-09 | 07-08
• NBA anti-flopping rules (PDF)
• Official Referee Hand Signals Illustrated
• Video NBA Video Rulebook website
• 2014-15 Points Of Emphasis:
• Continuation on plays to the basket and jumping into a defender (PDF)
• Respect for the game and referee interaction initiatives (PDF)
• What does it take to be an NBA Referee? Click here to learn more
about becoming a basketball referee in the NBA D-League or NBA.
Fouls Part 4:
• Contact with the arm / hand of a shooter (PDF)
Have a question about NBA refereeing or a playing rule interpretation? Send your questions to Donnie Vaden (email@example.com), the NBA's VP of Referee Operations and Director of Officials. If your question is selected, we'll post it on NBA.com with Donnie's answer. Questions that are not in regards to NBA playing rules or a generic question about NBA Officiating will not be considered. Questions such as those concerning specific calls in games, the game or playoff schedule, player statistics, will not be considered.