BROOKLYN NETS “TAKE THE PLEDGE” SWEEPSTAKES
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
1. Sweepstakes Description: The following terms and conditions shall apply to the Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) offered via the Brooklyn Nets official Web site located at www.brooklynnets.com/takethepledge. Visitors to the Brooklyn Nets official Web site who opt in to “take the pledge” for a healthier lifestyle, will be entered into a pool of Entrants and provided with an opportunity to win (i) Brooklyn Nets autographed merchandise (the “Prize”) or (ii) a Brooklyn Nets VIP experience for four (4) which shall include courtside seats during the March 12, 2013 Brooklyn Nets pre-game shoot-around as well as a player “meet and greet” during the shoot-around and four (4) tickets to such game (the “Grand Prize”).
The approximate retail value of each Prize ranges from $50.00 - $200.00, depending on the particular piece of autographed merchandise.
The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $1,000.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 am ET on December 17, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET on April 17, 2013. In order to qualify, entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period. Any entries received thereafter shall be null and void, and ineligible for the Sweepstakes. New Jersey Basketball, LLC (New Jersey Basketball, LLC and the Brooklyn Nets are referred to as the “Nets”) are not responsible for late, incomplete, or misdirected entries, nor are they obligated to publicly announce the Sweepstakes results.
3. To Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPACT YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. In order to be entered into the Sweepstakes, an eligible entrant (“Entrant”) must (i) complete all required fields on the entry form, (ii) opt to “take the pledge” and therefore be entered into the Sweepstakes and (iii) submit the entry form prior to conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period.
Limit: One entry per person during the Sweepstakes Period. If an Entrant completes multiple entry forms, only the first entry will be considered. All entries become the property of the Nets.
By completing and submitting the entry form, an Entrant consents (a) to being contacted by the Nets and their respective affiliates; and (b) to be bound by, and comply with, all of the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Sweepstakes Rules.
4. Eligibility: VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age at the time of entry and who reside within the Nets marketing territory as defined by the NBA (currently, a 75 mile radius from the contiguous border of the city of New York, New York). Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors (and their parents, siblings, spouses and children) of (a) the Nets; (b) their advertising and promotional agencies; (c) the NBA; and (d) their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliates, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
5. Selection of the Winners and Notification: Subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein, there will be two (2) Prize Winners per month during the Sweepstakes Period (eight (8) Prize Winners in total) and one (1) Grand Prize winner, each will be randomly selected from among all qualifying Entrants. Collectively, the Prize winners and the Grand Prize winner shall be referred to as the “Winners”.
The Winners will be notified by email and/or phone. If any Winner: (a) is unreachable; (b) does not make direct contact with the Nets by the date specified in the notification message; or (c) fails to accept the Prize or the Grand Prize, as applicable, the Nets reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify the Winner and, to select a replacement Winner from the remaining qualifying Entrants. The Nets shall not be responsible for failed attempts to notify any Winner and no responsibility is assumed by either of the Nets for any correspondence returned as undeliverable or any other problems associated with attempt(s) to notify any Winner. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Verification: Upon the request of the Nets, each Winner must sign and return the following documents by a date determined by the Nets in order to be eligible to receive the Prize or the Grand Prize, as applicable (a) an affidavit of eligibility; (b) a liability/publicity release in form and substance satisfactory to the Nets; and (c) any other releases and waivers requested by the Nets, releasing the Nets from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands and causes of action for or related to personal injury, damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with the Sweepstakes or the Prize/Grand Prize. If any of the foregoing documents are not completed, signed, and returned within the stated time, or if any of the Winners are deemed by the Nets to be ineligible or not to have complied with these Official Sweepstakes Rules, then such Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner will be selected from the remaining eligible entries, time permitting.
7. Prize Conditions, Terms and Restrictions: Only the Prize/Grand Prize described in these Official Sweepstakes Rules shall be awarded and no substitutions, cash equivalents and/or redemptions shall be made, except that, in the event of Prize/Grand Prize unavailability, the Nets reserve the right to substitute the Prize/Grand Prize with another prize of equal or greater value, in the Nets’ sole discretion. The Prize/Grand Prize cannot be transferred, assigned, or redeemed for cash. Each Winner shall be solely responsible for any and all costs not specifically described as part of the Prize/Grand Prize including any and all of their travel expenses and accommodations. Each Winner must be able to travel on those dates and times designated by the Nets, in their sole discretion, and all travel arrangements shall be made by such Winner. If any Winner is deemed a minor by the Nets, then such Winner’s parent/legal guardian shall be required to accompany said Winner on any travel that may be required as part of the Prize/Grand Prize.
Except where prohibited by law, Prize/Grand Prize acceptance constitutes a release granting the Nets the right to use each Winner’s name, likeness, statements (if true), biographical information, voice, and city and state of residence for advertising, marketing and publicity purposes on a worldwide basis (without review by the Winner) and in all forms of media, without compensation, remuneration, or other authorization. The Nets expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability in connection with injury or loss to any person or property relating to redemption of the Prize/Grand Prize. The Nets make no representations or warranties in connection with the Prize/Grand Prize. Restrictions, conditions and limitations apply.
8. Posting Terms and License to Use Entrant Personal Information: In order to promote, market and publicize the Sweepstakes, the Nets and their respective affiliates may require a license to use any and all information, materials and content submitted in the Sweepstakes including, but not limited to, each Entrant’s name (and likeness), biographical information, and any other personal information submitted. Accordingly, by submitting an entry, each Entrant expressly grants the Nets a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable and transferable right and license to use, however the Nets may deem fit in its sole and absolute discretion, whether in connection with the Sweepstakes or otherwise, all content submitted in connection with an entry.
9. Sweepstakes Conditions: The Sweepstakes is governed by and subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. By participating, Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or in these Official Sweepstakes Rules. Any violation of these Official Sweepstakes Rules may result in disqualification and any violation of these Official Sweepstakes Rules by any Winner will result in such Winner’s disqualification as a Winner and all privileges as a Winner shall be immediately terminated. ENTRANTS RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE BROOKLYN NETS, BARCLAYS CENTER, BARCLAYS BANK PLC, THE NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION AND ANY OTHER COMPANY OR ENTITY INVOLVED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY OR LOSSES, TO ANY PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH), OR PROPERTY, OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF THE PRIZE/GRAND PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY OR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Nets shall not be held responsible for late, misdirected, incomplete, or undeliverable entries. The Nets may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning the Prize/Grand Prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair play, or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or the Nets’ representatives or employees. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned including, but not limited to, by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention, labor dispute, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of the Nets which, in the sole opinion of the Nets, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the promotion, then the Nets reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and select the Winners based on entries received prior to the action taken.
11. Claims/Choice of Law: (a) Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (b) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to seek the award of, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages or any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and hereby waives all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Sweepstakes Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and/or the Nets in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in the State of New York. All Entrants agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of New York and agree to waive the right to a jury trial with respect to any claim or dispute with regard to any aspect of the Sweepstakes or Official Sweepstakes Rules.
12. Winners List: For a copy of the names of the Winners, send a postage paid, self-addressed envelope to:
Attn: Darren Meyer
15 MetroTech Center, 11th Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Requests must be received within thirty (30) days of the date the Sweepstakes officially ends.