Add the 2016-17 Nets Schedule to Your Calendar
Easily add the Brooklyn Nets full season schedule to your personal calendar on any device. Your calendar program should give you the option to subscribe to this calendar or to import its events.
If you choose to subscribe, your calendar will receive automatic updates with changes (like flex scheduling) and additions to this calendar. If you choose to import the events, you will get a one-time copy of this calendar’s events but they will not be updated.
How to subscribe
1. Click here to launch Outlook, then click "Yes" to add this calendar and subscribe to updates.
2. If Outlook doesn't launch automatically, simply copy and paste Click here into your web browser and press enter.
3. Select Outlook if your computer detects multiple calendar software and click 'OK'.
4. Click 'Yes' to add this calendar and subscribe to updates.
1. Click here to launch iCal, and click 'Subscribe' to add this calendar and subscribe to updates.
2. If iCal doesn't launch, simply open iCal, click 'Calendar' > 'Subscribe'.
3. Add Click here and click 'Subscribe'.
1. Open Google Calendar.
2. In the 'Other calendars' drop-down on the left, select 'Add by URL'.
3. Enter webcal://www.trumba.com/calendars/brooklyn-nets.ics in the field provided.
4. Click 'Add Calendar' and subscribe to updates.
1. Open Windows Live Calendar.
2. Click 'Subscribe to a Public Calendar'.
4. Click 'Subscribe to Calendar' to add this calendar and subscribe to updates.
HOW TO IMPORT TO OUTLOOK
1. Click the “Subscribe” link in the top right hand corner.
2. Click the iCalendar Download and click the link.
3. Save the file to your “Downloads folder” computer (Do not open the file or you will create an additional calendar)
4. Open your Outlook email account.
a. In the ‘File’ tab, click “Open” button
b. Click Open Calendar
c. A separate window will open with your download file
d. Select the calendar file you just saved
e. Click ok
5. The calendar will populate in your Microsoft Outlook calendar
**If you are having problems downloading your the schedule into Outlook, check your spam folder. If the problem persists try importing the ics file into outlook by choosing "Import and Export" under the file menu and choosing "Import iCalendar (.ics) or vCalendar file (.vcs)" and following the on-screen instructions.