Outlook.com Perks Sweepstakes
OUTLOOK.COM PERKS SWEEPSTAKES
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
1. Sweepstakes Description: The following terms and conditions apply to the Outlook.com Perks Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”). By holding Brooklyn Nets tickets and having a valid Outlook.com e-mail address, or by filling out the entry form accessible via brooklynnets.com/outlook, Entrants will be provided with an opportunity to win (a) Brooklyn Nets merchandise, Barclays Center club passes (accessible during a Brooklyn Nets game), or Brooklyn Nets-related experiences) (the “Prize”) or (b) two (2) tickets to attend (i) one (1) Brooklyn Nets game and (ii) a one (1) hour pre-game reception, “Chalk Talk” with Billy King (particular game to be determined by New Jersey Basketball, LLC d/b/a Brooklyn Nets (“NJB”) in its sole discretion) (each, a “Grand Prize”).
ARV of each Prize is $60-$120.
ARV of the Grand Prize is $150.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on October 20, 2013 at 12:00:01 AM EST and ends on January 31, 2014 at 11:59:59 PM EST. In order to qualify, entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period. Any entries received thereafter shall be null and void, and ineligible for the Sweepstakes. NJB is not responsible for late, incomplete, or misdirected entries, nor are they obligated to publicly announce the Sweepstakes results.
3. To Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPACT YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. In order to be entered into the Sweepstakes, an eligible entrant (“Entrant”) must hold Brooklyn Nets tickets and have a valid Outlook.com e-mail address, or fill out the entry form accessible via brooklynnets.com/outlook.
Limit: One entry per person during the Sweepstakes Period. If an Entrant completes multiple entry forms, only the first entry will be considered. All entries become the property of NJB.
Entrants consents (a) to being contacted by NJB and their respective affiliates; and (b) to be bound by, and comply with, all of the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Sweepstakes Rules.
4. Eligibility: VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age at the time of entry and who reside within the Nets marketing territory as defined by the NBA (currently, a 75 mile radius from the contiguous border of the city of New York, New York). Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors (and their parents, siblings, spouses and children) of (a) NJB; (b) their advertising and promotional agencies; and (c) their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliates, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
5. Selection of the Winner and Notification: Subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein, there will be twenty-three (23) Prize winners randomly selected from among all qualifying Entrants, selected three (3) – five (5) days prior to each home game during the Sweepstakes Period, and ten (1) Grand Prize winners. (Each Prize winner and Grand Prize winner shall individually be referred to as a “Winner” and collectively as, the “Winners”.)
One (1) Prize Winner will be selected and notified via e-mail announcement three (3) – five (5) days prior to each NETS home game during the Sweepstakes Period. The Grand Prize Winners will each be notified one (1) week prior to the “Chalk Talk” event that they will be invited to attend. If the Winner: (a) is unreachable; (b) does not make direct contact with NJB within twelve (12) hours of e-mail notification; or (c) fails to accept the Prize, NJB reserves the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify the Winner(s) and, to select a replacement Winner(s) from the remaining qualifying Entrants. NJB shall not be responsible for failed attempts to notify the Winner and no responsibility is assumed by NJB for any correspondence returned as undeliverable or any other problems associated with attempt(s) to notify the Winners. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Verification: Upon the request of NJB, each Winner must sign and return the following documents by a date determined by NJB in order to be eligible to receive the Prizes (a) an affidavit of eligibility; (b) a liability/publicity release in form and substance satisfactory to NJB; and (c) any other releases and waivers requested by NJB, releasing NJB from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands and causes of action for or related to personal injury, damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with the Sweepstakes or the Prizes. If any of the foregoing documents are not completed, signed, and returned within the stated time, or if any of the Winner(s) are deemed by NJB to be ineligible or not to have complied with these Official Sweepstakes Rules, then such Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner will be selected from the remaining eligible entries, time permitting.
7. Prize Conditions, Terms and Restrictions: Only the Prizes described in these Official Sweepstakes Rules shall be awarded and no substitutions, cash equivalents and/or redemptions shall be made, except that, in the event of Prizes unavailability, NJB reserves the right to substitute the Prizes with another prize of equal or greater value, in NJB’s sole discretion. The Prizes cannot be transferred, assigned, or redeemed for cash. The Winner shall be solely responsible for any and all costs not specifically described as part of the Prize including any and all of their travel expenses and accommodations. The Winner must be able to travel on those dates and times designated by NJB, in their sole discretion, and all travel arrangements shall be made by the Winner. If any of the Winner(s) are deemed a minor by NJB, then such Winner’s parent/legal guardian shall be required to accompany said Winner on any travel that may be required as part of the Prize.
Except where prohibited by law, Prize acceptance constitutes a release granting NJB the right to use the Winner’ names, likenesses, statements (if true), biographical information, voices, and cities and states of residence for advertising, marketing and publicity purposes on a worldwide basis (without review by the Winner(s)) and in all forms of media, without compensation, remuneration, or other authorization. NJB expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability in connection with injury or loss to any person or property relating to redemption of the Prize. NJB make no representations or warranties in connection with the Prizes. Restrictions, conditions and limitations apply.
8. Posting Terms and License to Use Entrant Personal Information: In order to promote, market and publicize the Sweepstakes, NJB and their respective affiliates may require a license to use any and all information, materials and content submitted in the Sweepstakes including, but not limited to, each Entrant’s name (and likeness), biographical information, and any other personal information submitted. Accordingly, by submitting an entry, each Entrant expressly grants NJB a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable and transferable right and license to use, however NJB may deem fit in its sole and absolute discretion, whether in connection with the Sweepstakes or otherwise, all content submitted in connection with an entry.
9. Sweepstakes Conditions: The Sweepstakes is governed by and subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. By participating, Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or in these Official Sweepstakes Rules. Any violation of these Official Sweepstakes Rules may result in disqualification and any violation of these Official Sweepstakes Rules by any Winner will result in such Winner’s disqualification as a Winner and all privileges as a Winner shall be immediately terminated. ENTRANTS RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE BROOKLYN NETS, BARCLAYS CENTER, BARCLAYS BANK PLC, THE NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY OR LOSSES, TO ANY PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH), OR PROPERTY, OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF THE PRIZES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY OR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES.
10. Limitations of Liability: NJB shall not be held responsible for late, misdirected, incomplete, or undeliverable entries. NJB may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning the Prizes if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair play, or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or NJB’s representatives or employees. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned including, but not limited to, by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention, labor dispute, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of NJB which, in the sole opinion of NJB, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the promotion, then NJB reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and select the Winner based on entries received prior to the action taken.
11. Claims/Choice of Law: (a) Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (b) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to seek the award of, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages or any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and hereby waives all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Sweepstakes Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and/or NJB in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in the State of New York. All Entrants agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of New York and agree to waive the right to a jury trial with respect to any claim or dispute with regard to any aspect of the Sweepstakes or Official Sweepstakes Rules.
12. Winner List: For a copy of the names of the Winner, send a postage paid, self-addressed envelope to:
Attn: Gregg Moran
15 MetroTech Center, 11th Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Requests must be received within thirty (30) days of the date the Sweepstakes officially ends.