Open Auditions for the Brooklyn Nets Kids Dance Team
BROOKLYN (August 18, 2014) – Open auditions for the Brooklyn Nets Kids dance team will be held on Wednesday, August 20 at 6 p.m. at LIU Brooklyn’s Arnold and Marie Schwartz Center at 1 University Plaza. Registration begins at 5 p.m. and dancers must arrive by 6 p.m. to participate.
Celebrity choreographer Tanisha Scott will return as the Head Coach and Choreographer of the Brooklyn Nets Kids. Scott has worked with JAY Z, Alicia Keys, Rihanna, Sean Paul, among others. The Brooklyn Nets Kids dance team will perform in front of thousands of fans at Brooklyn Nets home games at Barclays Center, and represent the Brooklyn Nets at events and media appearances throughout the New York metropolitan area. All dance team members will be paid.
- Seeking boys and girls ages 6-13 with at least two years of dance training.
- Dancers will be asked to demonstrate their ability to learn and perform choreography.
- Tumbling and break-dancing skills are a plus, but not required.
- Participants should wear dance attire and non-marking sneakers or dance shoes.
- One parent or legal guardian must be present at registration to sign a participation waiver.
- Only those auditioning will be allowed into the gymnasium.
- Finalists may be kept until 9:30 p.m.
- Dancers who are selected must be available to attend rehearsals in Brooklyn once a week, as well as Saturday and Sunday home games at Barclays Center.
272 kids attended two audition intensives held on August 6 and 13 to give dancers an edge.
LIU Brooklyn is accessible by taking the B, D, N, Q or R train to DeKalb Ave. or the 2, 3, 4, or 5 trains to Nevins St.