Brooklyn Hosts Chicago in First Round
April 19, 2013 · 6:36 p.m.
BROOKLYN—With the NBA's 2012-13 regular-season slate complete, the Nets found out they'd be hosting the Chicago Bulls in the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals, which open this weekend at Barclays Center. Take a look at the schedule and then how the teams fared against each other this season..
- Three of the four matchups were determined by four or fewer points.
- The Bulls won both games at United Center in Chicago.
- In the Nets' February victory, they shot .520 – the only game Brooklyn's players collectively hit at least .444 of their attempts.
- The Nets had 70 assists against 73 turnovers in the four games against Chicago; they had a negative differential against only the Bulls and Wizards this season.
- Deron Williams, Joe Johnson and Brook Lopez each scored double-digit points in all four meetings; Deron and Brook combined for 58 in the April 4th finale.
- The All-Star center matchup of Brook Lopez and Joakim Noah has only been realized in two of the four games; the Nets are 0-2 in those matchups.
- The Nets rank No. 9 in offensive efficiency (105.1 points per 100 possessions); the Bulls are No. 24 (100.4).
- On defense, the Bulls rank No. 6, allowing 100.4 points per 100 possessions, while the Nets are No. 18 (103.7).
Visit Nets Playoff Central for more on Nets vs. Bulls.