Health and Wellness
<< back to main page
Red Hook, Brooklyn - Feb 28 2013
- Brooklyn Nets players Brook Lopez, Andray Blatche, Mirza Teletovic, Tyshawn Taylor and MarShon Brooks hosted 75 youngsters in a ‘Fit Camp’ featuring Boot Camp, Step Aerobics, and Capoeira at the Joseph Miccio Community Center.
- Each participant received a Brooklyn Fit T-shirt.
Fort Greene, Brooklyn - Jan 29, 2013
- Brooklyn Nets players Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace, Reggie Evans, and MarShon Brooks hosted 75 children, ages 7-9, in a ‘Fit Camp’ featuring Boot Camp, Step Aerobics, and Capoeira at the Farragut Community Center.
Bedstuy, Brooklyn - Dec 20, 2012
- Brooklyn Nets players Joe Johnson, Keith Bogans, Josh Childress, and Mirza Teletovic participated with 50 youngsters ages 8-14 in an introduction to volleyball clinic at the Bedford YMCA.
- The class marks the second event in the Nets’ Brooklyn Fit program, in partnership with American Dairy Association and Body Sculpt. Brooklyn Fit is holding monthly health and fitness classes, taught by Body Sculpt instructors and nutritionists.
Flatbush, Brooklyn - Dec 5, 2012
- Brooklyn Nets player C.J. Watson, along with Body Sculpt of New York Inc. President Vince Ferguson, hosted 60 youngsters ages 8-14 in a cardio kickboxing and nutrition class at the Flatbush YMCA.
- The class marks the first event in the Nets’ Brooklyn Fit program, in partnership with American Dairy Association and Body Sculpt. Brooklyn Fit will hold monthly health and fitness classes, taught by Body Sculpt instructors and nutritionists, to educate children on staying physically active while having fun.
Maimonides Medical Center Visit
Borough Park, Brooklyn - October 23, 2012
- The entire Brooklyn Nets team and General Manager Billy King visited and signed autographs for pediatric cancer patients and staff.
- Following the visit with the patients, the players and King hosted an assembly at the medical center auditorium where the players greeted the staff and thanked them for all their hard work.
Health and Wellness Fair
LIU- Brooklyn - May 3, 2012
- Students, faculty, and staff were invited to take part in health screenings and participate in Street Fighter (cardio martial arts), Fly Girls (90's Hip Hop) and POUND (workout using drumsticks) Crunch classes.
- Maimonides provided blood pressure and body mass index screenings as well as health education materials.