<< back to main page
Trees for Threes - PS 188
Brooklyn - April 8, 2014
- Former Nets players Kerry Kittles and Albert King, along with volunteers from the Brooklyn Nets, PwC US and New York Restoration Project, joined students from P.S. 188 Michael E. Berdy School to give away trees to community members as part of the team’s Trees for Threes program. The program donates trees for 3-pointers scored by the Nets this season at Barclays Center
Basketbowl at Lucky Strike
Brooklyn - March 29, 2014
- The Brooklyn Nets bowled with fans for a cause at Basketbowl, the team’s annual fundraising event, at Lucky Strike. Nets players, along with several Brooklynettes and Nets superhero BrooklyKnight, enjoyed an afternoon of bowling, food, and music, all in support of The Nets Foundation—the non-profit, philanthropic arm of the Brooklyn Nets. Attendees also participated in a silent auction featuring autographed merchandise donated by the Brooklyn Nets-Steiner Sports Partnership.
Urban Art Competition
LIU-Brooklyn - March 18, 2014
- Brooklyn Nets players Andrei Kirilenko, Marcus Thornton, and Marquis Teague participated in the second annual urban art competition at LIU Brooklyn. Local artists showcased their talent by designing Brooklyn Nets themed basketballs and sneakers. The players were onsite to check out the competition and joined the artists in creating their own designs. Representatives from the Brooklyn Nets and Hip Hop USA selected winners from both the basketball and sneaker entries.
Holiday Shopping Spree
Downtown Brooklyn - December 17, 2013
- In the spirit of the holidays, the entire Brooklyn Nets team took 75 children from Administration for Children’s Services shopping at Cookie’s, the Kids Department Store, in Downtown Brooklyn. Each child was presented with $150 in American Express® Gift Cards, allowing them to pick out their favorite toys and games.
Employee Volunteer Project
Long Island City, Queens - December 9, 2013
- Deron Williams, Jason Terry, Alan Anderson, and Tornike Shengelia, along with Nets employees and high school students from the Academy for Careers in TV and Film, repacked over 30,000 pounds of food into family-sized portions which City Harvest will distribute to New Yorkers in need.
Holiday Tree Tour
Brooklyn, NY - December 6, 2013
- To get students in the holiday spirit, Brooklyn Nets Super Hero BrooklyKnight delivered trees to PS 307, PS 282, PS 157, PS 23, PS 93, and PS 9 in Brooklyn.
- Upon arrival at each school, the BrooklyKnight was greeted by the excitement of eagerly awaiting students. BrooklyKnight and the students installed and decorate trees provided by Tyler’s Trees with custom Brooklyn Nets tree toppers.
Veterans Day - Thanksgiving Celebration
Fort Hamilton - November 11, 2013
- As part of the celebration of Veteran’s Day the Brooklyn Nets visited service men and women at historic U.S. Army Garrison Fort Hamilton. The Nets began their visit at the base with a team practice, 100 troops were in attendance to take in the sights and sounds.
- After practice, as part of the NBA’s Season of Giving initiative the players served a Thanksgiving meal to the military personnel. In show of support of the troops the players distributed Brooklyn Nets Challenge Coins. In return the base presented the team a framed flag that flew over ground zero on the 10th Anniversary of 9/11.
Back to School
Fort Hamilton, Brooklyn- August 15, 2013
- Brooklynettes Jen and India visited Fort Hamilton Military Base to assist in the distribution of backpacks to over 200 children of military families. The bags were provided by Ace of Good.
Employee Volunteer Project
Wheatley Heights, Long Island- August 7, 2013
- The Nets Employee Volunteer Program continued as staff spent the day playing various games with children at Sunrise Day Camp. Sunrise is the only full summer day camp dedicated to serving children with cancer.
Employee Volunteer Project
Brooklyn Heights, Brooklyn- August 6, 2013
- Brooklyn Nets employees partnered with Groundswell to create a mural at the Atlantic Avenue underpass. Groundswell brings together artists, youth, and community organizations to use art as a tool for social change.
Employee Volunteer Project
Prospect Park, Brooklyn - July 26, 2013
- Brooklyn Nets and National Grid staff participated in a volunteer project at Prospect Park. The “Summer Spruce Up” consisted of removal of mugwort weeds to keep it from overrunning the park's wildlife.
Employee Volunteer Project
Bedstuy, Brooklyn- July 17, 2013
- The Brooklyn Nets partnered with City Harvest Mobile Food Market to assist in food distribution for Brooklyn residents in need. Over the course of the day 15,000 pounds of food was given out that helped over 500 families.
Gym Refurbishment, Madison Square Boys & Girls Club
Fort Greene, Brooklyn - March 27, 2013
- Brooklyn Nets and Barclays Center CEO Brett Yormark unveiled an extensively renovated Brooklyn Nets themed gymnasium that he funded for the Madison Square Boys & Girls Club’s Navy Yard Clubhouse in the Fort Greene neighborhood of Brooklyn.
- The new gym will be used by the kids of the Madison Square Boys & Girls Club for various activities including basketball, volleyball, soccer, badminton, kickball, wiffleball, dance, and warm-up exercises.
Sneaker Art Battle
LIU Brooklyn - March 16, 2013
- Brooklyn Nets players MarShon Brooks, Jerry Stackhouse, Keith Bogans, Tyshawn Taylor, and Kris Humphries, and special guest Hip Hop artist Fabolous judged 100 competitors in a Brooklyn Nets themed sneaker art competition.
- The prizes in the two categories (14-20, 21+) included Fabolous’ Brooklyn Nets tickets for one game, an autographed Deron Williams jersey, and Brooklyn Nets prize packs.
Brooklyn Bowl - March 14, 2013
- The Brooklyn Nets team, coaching staff and guests, enjoyed a night of bowling, food, and music, all in support of The Nets Foundation, the non-profit, philanthropic arm of the Brooklyn Nets.
- Guests were able to take pictures and get autographs with their favorite players along with bidding on memorabilia.
Make A Wish
Barclays Center - March 8, 2013
- Zayvon from the Make A Wish program was invited to the Nets vs. Washington Wizards game. He attended pre-game shoot around where he was able to meet a few of his favorite players.
Random Acts of Kindness
Prospect Park, NY - January 31, 2013
- Andray Blatche, Kris Humphries and the BrooklyKnight participated in the monthly Nets Random Act of Kindness. The players took orders, served meals and paid for the customers lunches.
Team Holiday Event
Downtown Brooklyn - December 17, 2012
- The entire Brooklyn Nets team took 75 children who were displaced by Hurricane Sandy shopping at Cookies, the kids department store.
- Each child received a $250 American Express gift card to purchase any items they would like.
Give and Go Project- Gas Giveaway
Coney Island, Brooklyn - December 10, 2012
- Brook Lopez, MarShon Brooks and Tyshawn Taylor surprised customers at Bolla Market-Mobil gas station by filling up their cars with a free full tank of gas.
Flicks N’ Kicks
Brooklyn - December 8, 2012
- Brooklyn Nets player Josh Childress, Modell’s Sporting Goods, and Brooklyn Nets Assist partnered up to provide 40 children, ages 10-15, from Public Housing Communities, Inc. (PHC) with an early holiday gift. Each youngster selected a new pair of shoes, provided by Childress, and received a $50 gift card from Modell’s.
- Prior to Modell’s, Childress took 40 kids bowling at Brooklyn Bowl.
Employee Volunteer Project- Hurricane Sandy
Long Island City, Queens - November 16, 2012
- Brooklyn Nets staff teamed up with City Harvest to organize food repacks at their food rescue facility. The food repacks were delivered to families throughout New Jersey and New York who were affected by Hurricane Sandy.
- The 30 Nets volunteers packaged 24 bins, 2,090 bags totaling almost 15,000 lbs of food. This effort provided food for over 3,000 people.
Hurricane Sandy Recovery Drive
Barclays Center, Brooklyn - November 15, 2012
- The Brooklyn Nets and New York Cares hosted an in arena Recovery Drive to support the victims of Hurricane Sandy.
- Fans donated new or gently used coats, clothing, non-perishable items and home supplies.
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn - November 14, 2012
- The entire Brooklyn Nets team, Key Food, and The Food Bank For New York City joined together for a Thanksgiving event at St. Johns Bread and Life.
- The players served holiday meals, took pictures and signed autographs for the less fortunate.
Halloween- Brooklyn Children's Museum
Crown Heights, Brooklyn - October 26, 2012
- Brooklyn Nets players, Reggie Evans and Tornike Shengelia hosted a community Halloween party at the Brooklyn’s Children Museum with 60 children from Children of Promise Organization.
- The children arrived with full Halloween costumes which were donated by the Nets and Party City.
- The kids enjoyed pizza before exploring all the Halloween activities the museum offered.
Give and Go Project- Random Acts of Kindness
Park Slope, Brooklyn - October 25, 2012
- Brooklyn Nets players, Kris Humphries and Jerry Stackhouse surprised shoppers at Key Food as they distributed Key Food gift cards along with helping customers with their groceries.
- The gift cards were donated by the Nets Foundation.
Open Practice Coat Drive
Barclays Center - October 21,2012
- The Brooklyn Nets held their 1st Annual Coat Drive at Open Practice. Coats were donated to New York City Department of Youth & Community Development.
- The first 250 fans who attended the event and donated a new or gently used coat received one (1) complimentary ticket for the October 24, 2012 Brooklyn Nets vs. New York Knicks preseason game at Nassau Coliseum.
Season Ticket Holder Delivery
Barclays Center - October 10,2012
- Nets players Josh Childress, Tyshawn Taylor and CJ Watson surprised, Clifford and Shirley, with their season tickets.
- The players signed autographs and took pictures with the two season ticket holders.
Brook is Brooklyn Ready- Haircut
Navy Yards-Brooklyn - September 25,2012
- After the Nets/Suns game Irina Pavlova and Brook Lopez held a meet a greet with Stanford University Alumni.
- During the experience, Lopez discussed with the kids his excitement about the Brooklyn Nets inaugural season at Barclays Center and becoming a part of the Brooklyn community.
Prospect Park- Brooklyn May 4, 2012
- Brooklyn Nets Community Week concluded in Prospect Park where Former Nets player and Brooklyn native Albert King joined Brooklyn Nets and National Grid employees for landscaping projects.
Atlantic Center Terminal- Brooklyn - April 30, 2012
- Brooklyn Nets Community Week, a unique series of special events to celebrate the team's relocation to Brooklyn and introduction into the community tipped-off at the plaza on Atlantic Terminal.
- On goers were able to shoot hoops, purchase Nets tickets and interact with the Nets mobile unit, The Experience. All those in attendance received a Brooklyn Nets Community Assist T-shirt.