BROOKLYN NETS SWEEPSTAKES
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
Sponsor: New Jersey Basketball, LLC
1. Sweepstakes Description: The following terms and conditions apply to the Brooklyn’ Nets Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) offered at www.brooklynnets.com. Visitors to www.brooklynnets.com who complete the submission form will be entered into a pool of Entrants and be provided with the opportunity to win four (4) tickets to a recording of Jimmy Kimmel Live at the Brooklyn Academy of Music (“BAM”) during the week of October 29, 2012 (each set of four (4) tickets shall be referred to herein as the “Prize”).
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 9:01:00 AM EDT on October 9, 2012 and ends at 12:00:01 AM EDT on October 19, 2012 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). In order to qualify, entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period. Any entries received thereafter shall be null and void, and ineligible for the Sweepstakes. New Jersey Basketball, LLC d/b/a the Brooklyn Nets (New Jersey Basketball, LLC and the Brooklyn Nets are referred to as, the "NETS") is not responsible for late, incomplete, or misdirected entries, nor is it obligated to publicly announce the Sweepstakes results.
3. To Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPACT YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. In order to be entered into the Sweepstakes, an eligible entrant (“Entrant”) must (i) obtain a copy of the entry form, available at Brooklynnets.com, (ii) complete all required fields on the entry form, and (iii) submit the entry form as set forth herein prior to conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period.
Limit: One entry per person during the Sweepstakes Period. If an Entrant completes multiple entry forms, only the first entry will be considered. All entries become the property of the NETS.
4. Eligibility: VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents within the NETS marketing territory as defined by the National Basketball Association and its member teams, NBA Properties, Inc., and NBA Media Ventures, Inc. (collectively, the "NBA") (generally, a 75-mile radius from the contiguous border of the City of New York). Entrants must be at least 18 years of age at the time of entry and the Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors (and their parents, siblings, spouses and children) of (a) the NETS; (b) the NBA; (c) their advertising and promotional agencies; and (d) their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliates, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
5. Selection of the Winners and Notification: Subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein, there will be four (4) prize winners (the “Winners”) randomly selected from among all qualifying Entrants on or about October 19, 2012.
The Winners will be notified by email and/or phone on or about October 19, 2012. If a Winner is: (a) unreachable; (b) does not make direct contact with the NETS by the date specified in the notification message; or (c) fails to accept the Prize, the NETS reserve the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify the Winner and, to select a replacement Winner from the remaining qualifying Entrants. The NETS shall not be responsible for failed attempts to notify the Winner and no responsibility is assumed by the NETS for any correspondence returned as undeliverable or any other problems associated with attempt(s) to notify the Winner. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Verification: Upon the request of the NETS, Winners must sign and return the following documents by a date determined by the NETS in order to be eligible to receive the Prize (a) an affidavit of eligibility; (b) a liability/publicity release in form and substance satisfactory to the NETS; and (c) any other releases and waivers requested by the NETS, releasing the NETS from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands and causes of action for or related to personal injury, damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with the Sweepstakes or the Prize. If any of the foregoing documents are not completed, signed, and returned within the stated time, or if the Winner is deemed by the NETS to be ineligible or not to have complied with these Official Sweepstakes Rules, then the Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner will be selected from the remaining eligible entries, time permitting.
7. Prize Conditions, Terms and Restrictions: Only the Prize described in these Official Sweepstakes Rules shall be awarded and no substitutions, cash equivalents and/or redemptions shall be made, except that, in the event of Prize unavailability, the NETS reserve the right to substitute the Prize with another prize of equal or greater value, in the NETS’ sole discretion. The Prize cannot be transferred, assigned, or redeemed for cash. Winners shall be solely responsible for any and all costs not specifically described as part of the Prize including any and all of their travel expenses and accommodations. Winners must be able to travel (to BAM) on those dates and times designated by the NETS, in its sole discretion, and all travel arrangements shall be made by the Winner.If a Winner is deemed a minor by the NETS, then the Winner’s parent/legal guardian shall be required to accompany said Winner on any travel that may be required as part of the Prize.
Except where prohibited by law, Prize acceptance constitutes a release granting the NETS and the NBA the right to use Winners’ names, likenesses, statements (if true), biographical information, voices, and cities and states of residence for advertising, marketing and publicity purposes on a worldwide basis (without review by the Winners) and in all forms of media, without compensation, remuneration, or other authorization. The NETS expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability in connection with injury or loss to any person or property relating to redemption of the Prize. The NETS make no representations or warranties in connection with the Prize. Restrictions, conditions and limitations apply.
8. Posting Terms and License to Use Entrant Personal Information: In order to promote, market and publicize the Sweepstakes, the NETS and the NBA, and their respective affiliates may require a license to use any and all information, materials and content submitted in the Sweepstakes including, but not limited to, each Entrant’s name (and likeness), biographical information, and any other personal information submitted. Accordingly, by submitting an entry, each Entrant expressly grants the NETS a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable and transferable right and license to use, however the NETS may deem fit in its sole and absolute discretion, whether in connection with the Sweepstakes or otherwise, all content submitted in connection with an entry.
9. Sweepstakes Conditions: The Sweepstakes is governed by and subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. By participating, Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or in these Official Sweepstakes Rules. Any violation of these Official Sweepstakes Rules may result in disqualification and any violation of these Official Sweepstakes Rules by the Winner will result in the Winner’s disqualification as the Winner and all privileges as the Winner shall be immediately terminated. ENTRANTS RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE NETS, THE NBA, THE PRIZE PROVIDER, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY OR LOSSES, TO ANY PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH), OR PROPERTY, OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY OR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES.
10. Limitations of Liability: The NETS shall not be held responsible for late, misdirected, incomplete, or undeliverable entries. The NETS may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning the Prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair play, or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or the NETS representatives or employees. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned including, but not limited to, by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention, labor dispute, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of the NETS which, in the sole opinion of the NETS, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the promotion, then the NETS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and select the Winners based on entries received prior to the action taken. Entrant’s sole remedy for a breach of these Official Sweepstakes Rules by the NETS shall be an action at law for money damages, if any. Entrants waive any right to, or to seek, injunctive or other equitable relief in connection with any breach or alleged breach of these Official Sweepstakes Rules by the NETS.
11. Claims/Choice of Law: (a) Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (b) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to seek the award of, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages or any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and hereby waives all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Sweepstakes Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and/or the NETS in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in the State of New York. All contestants who enter the Sweepstakes agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of New York and agree to waive the right to a jury trial with respect to any claim or dispute with regard to any aspect of the Sweepstakes or Official Sweepstakes Rules.
12. Winner List: For a copy of the names of the Winners, send a postage paid, self-addressed envelope to:
Attn: Erin Cauthen
15 MetroTech Center, 11th Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Requests must be received within thirty (30) days of the date the Sweepstakes officially ends.