Peanut Butter Bars
Note: This recipe is for people following a vegetarian (meat-free) diet. However, this recipe may include ingredients such as dairy or other animal-based products that may not fit in with vegan or some other vegetarian diets.
This is a delicious dessert. Bring it to your next school function!
Prep time: 30 minutes
1/4 c. margarine
1 10 oz. package marshmallows (gelatin-free)
6 c. puffed rice cereal
1/2 c. peanut butter chips
1/2 c. chocolate chips
1/2 c. peanuts, chopped
nonstick cooking spray
- Coat a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, melt margarine and marshmallows over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Stir until all ingredients are well coated.
- Press this mixture into the baking pan.
- Chill the mixture in the refrigerator and cut into 2 x 1 1/2 inch bars.
Serving size: one 2 x 1 1/2 inch bar
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
2 g protein
4 g fat
2 g sat. fat
14 g carbohydrate
1 mg cholesterol
0 g fiber
80 mg sodium
11 mg calcium
0.3 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
The leftovers should be stored in an airtight container.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N