NBA/WNBA FIT Live Healthy Week Recipes: Starters
COOL CUCUMBER AND AVOCADO SOUP
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: None
Yields: 4 servings
Ingredients: 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
2 green onions
Juice of 1 lime
1 cup plain or soy yogurt
1 cup water
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Roughly chop the cucumber, avocado and green onions and toss in the blender.
2. Add other ingredients and process until smooth.
3. If soup is to thick add water as needed.
* Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro and a dash of cayenne pepper.
PEANUT RICE NOODLES
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
½ pound rice noodles
½ cup chopped peanuts, roasted, skinned
1 cup shredded red cabbage
1 bunch scallions, chopped
¼ cup natural peanut butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1/8 cup orange juice
2 teaspoons tamari
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil, then turn off the heat and soak the rice noodles for 10 minutes. Drain and allow to cool.
2. In a bowl mix prepare peanut sauce. Combine all ingredients until they are well blended. Add water to get desired consistency.
3. In a large bowl mix the rice noodles with the peanut sauce.
4. Top each serving with peanuts cabbage and scallions.
* Try udon or soba noodles in place of rice noodles.