NBA/WNBA FIT Live Healthy Week Recipes: Entrees
CILANTRO MANGO CHICKEN
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
2 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts, split
8 ounces plain yogurt
1 cup cilantro, finely chopped
½ cup fresh lime, juiced
Dash of cayenne pepper
1 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1 large ripe mango, peeled, finely diced
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine ¼ cup yogurt, ¼ cup of cilantro, half of the lime juice, cayenne pepper and garlic. Coat chicken breast with this mixture, marinate for at least 1 hour.
3. While chicken marinates, purée remaining yogurt, 2/3 of cubed mango, ½ teaspoon lime juice and 1 cup cilantro in blender.
4. Bake chicken in a glass baking dish for 25-30 minutes.
5. Place chicken on serving plates, pour on sauce and sprinkle with mango and extra sauce on side.
6. Add a sprig of fresh cilantro for garnish
GINGER BROILED SALMON
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 2 servings
1 tablespoon coconut oil
¼ cup water
2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
1 tablespoons umeboshi plum vinegar
2 4-ounce wild salmon fillets
1. Make marinade my combining oil, water, ginger and vinegar.
2. Place fish in a shallow baking dish, cover with marinade, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat broiler.
4. Broil fish skin side down for 6-8 minutes.
5. Baste with remaining marinade once or twice while broiling.
6. Use any remaining marinade as a sauce and serve.