NBA FIT Live Healthy Week 2012
During NBA FIT Live Healthy Week, the entire NBA family – led by the NBA/WNBA FIT Team – will join community members and partners to highlight the importance of healthy living and encourage fans to pledge NBA FIT. Live Healthy Week will feature grassroots programs and events, special on-court apparel, and in-arena and online programming designed to inspire kids and families across the country to live active, healthy lives.
"I’m a proud member of the NBA FIT team. NBA FIT Live Healthy Week tips off today. I hope all of you will join NBA FIT and me in eating healthy and exercising daily, and encouraging your friends and family to do the same." - Erik Spoelstra, Head Coach of the Miami HEAT
TEAM & PLAYERS EVENTS
All 30 teams and their players will join community members and partners to highlight the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle through grassroots programs and events, special on-court apparel, in-arena health screenings, and online programming. Below are just a few scheduled events (FIT Team Members in bold):
- Knicks, Carmelo Anthony Host NBA FIT Basketball Clinic - Video | Photo Gallery
- Celtics Covidien Fit to Win Event - Paul Pierce & Brandon Bass
- Thunder FIT Clinic - Kevin Durant, James Harden, Nick Collison and Royal Ivey
- Cavaliers Fit as a Pro Event - Recap | Video | Photo Gallery | FIT Tips
- Bobcats Care Fit Clinic - Boris Diaw, Kemba Walker, Byron Mullens, Eduardo Najera, DJ White, Derrick Brown and Cory Higgins
- Nuggets Team Fit Clinic - Aaron Afflalo, Rudy Fernandez, Jordan Hamilton, DeMarre Carroll, Strength & Conditioning Coach Steve Hess
- The Washington Wizards Girls Offer Stretching Tips and Host Halftime Exercise Session
- D-League Celebrates NBA FIT Live Healthy Week: Sioux Falls Skyforce | Tulsa 66ers
MEET THE TEAM
The 2011-12 NBA/WNBA FIT Team consists of an all-star line-up of NBA players, WNBA players, Legends and Coaches.
Steve Hess (Strength & Conditioning)