Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF), who need to consume additional calories to meet their nutritional needs.
Smoothies are a great way to add extra calories and protein to your diet.
Prep time: 10 minutes
- ½ c. whole milk
- ½ c. heavy whipping cream
- 1 banana
- 1¼ c. strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- ¾ c. lemon sherbet
- 2 tbsp. dry skim milk powder
- blender (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
Serving size: 12 ounces
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
8 g protein
26 g fat
250 mg calcium
115 mg sodium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Experiment by substituting other favorite fruits for the banana and strawberries.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, CNSC, LD/N
Date reviewed: July 2012