Oklahoma City Thunder
The Thunder Community Relations Department works to create programs and partnerships that make a positive impact on the greater Oklahoma City community. Our primary focus is on youth, with an emphasis on reading and literacy, health and fitness, and youth basketball. Our primary outreach consists of Auction Donations, Read To Achieve, Thunder Fit, the Thunder-OU Scholarship Program, Black History Heroes Challenge and Holiday Assist.
Cook received the NBA Cares Community Assist Award for the 2009 offseason in recognition of his outstanding efforts in the community. He provided to an Ohio family who lost their son in a tragic accident.
As part of its Small Steps initiative, Oklahoma City Thunder forward Kevin Durant worked with the Ad Council to develop a childhood obesity prevention PSAs in partnership with the Department of Health and Human Services, featuring Warner Brothers' Looney Tunes characters.
- Photo Gallery: Cook Hosts Senior Citizens Gala
- Video: Aldrich, Cook Lead Youth Basketball Camp
- Video: Thunder Players Visit Youth Camp
- Thunder Hosts Special Day for Oklahoma Athletes
- Thunder Team Up With Special Olympics
- Video: Thunder Gives Back (2010 Community Recap)
- Video: Thunder, Durant Honored by March of Dimes
- Thunder Home Rebuild Photo Gallery
- Serge Ibaka FIT Camp Photo Gallery
- Thunder Youth Basketball Spring Break Camp
- Video: Thunder tour Oklahoma City
- Thunder teams up with Extreme Makeover Home Edition