New York Knicks
The New York Knicks Community Relations department focuses its efforts in two main areas: Knicks specific programs including the Knicks Poetry Slam program and the Read to Achieve initiative, in addition to a unique partnership with the Garden of Dreams Foundation to support the Foundationís mission of making dreams come true for kids in crisis. The Knicks organization is committed to building programs of excellence that give back to the community and enhances the game of basketball. Knicks players, coaches, alumni, dancers and staff actively play a role in our goal of giving back.
After surviving a health scare stemming from a rare heart condition, Turiaf was inspired to start the Heart to Heart foundation. Turiaf raises money and awareness for heart health and provides EKGs for children who do not have health insurance
Stoudemire has traveled to Sierra Leone and where he donated $50,000 to the Zee Community Foundation to fund the rehabilitation of water wells and create a new school for Sierra Leoneís youth.
- Video: Turiaf, Gallinari Participate in Basketball without Borders Africa
- Knicks Team Up For Summer Reading Program
- Knicks to Host 2010 Summer Camp
- Knicks Crown NYC's Top Teen Poet on Broadway
- Knicks Bowl 2010
- Knicks particpate in FIT Week
- Spreading the Word on Knicks Poetry Slam
- Annual Knicks Dream Day Returns with a New Twist
- Knicks, Garden of Dreams Tip-Off Season