D-League Cares 2010 Week of Service
- The Austin Toros players, Capital City Dancers, and mascot, “Da Bull,” will partner with A Legacy of Giving to participate in four local school visits speaking with students about manners, respect, self-discipline, and giving back.
- The Idaho Stampede will host a reading event at a Boise Borders Bookstore. Head Coach Randy Livingston, Idaho Stampede players, and dance team members will read stories to a local group of children emphasizing the importance of learning.
- The Maine Red Claws will join the efforts of two Windham High School seniors to renovate a public outdoor basketball court which is currently in severe disrepair and unusable in the town of Windham. Once repaired, the court will be the only public outdoor court in the town of Windham.
- The Reno Bighorns will partner with the Washoe County School District pairing ten players with five elementary schools where players will read to children encouraging an interest in learning and education.
- The Sioux Falls Skyforce and the Sioux Falls Family YMCA will host a YMCA tip off event at the Sioux Falls Arena for the YFORCE. YFORCE is the youth league formed by the Sioux Falls Skyforce in partnership with the YMCA, players will participate in a clinic and there will be a special address from a Sanford Health hydration expert. The Bighorns will participate in a scrimmage following the clinic.
- The Texas Legends family will participate in the Veterans' Park Dedication ceremony that will include the unveiling of monuments for each of the six branches of military service and the dedication of memorial stones given in honor and memory of American veterans.
To learn more about the NBA D-League Cares Week of Service, please go to NBACares.com.
NBA Development League Cares
NBA Development League Cares is the league’s social responsibility program that builds on the NBA D-League’s tradition of addressing important social issues. Through this program, the NBA D-League, its teams and players executed over 1,000 events during the 2009-10 season. NBA D-League Cares works with local and nationally recognized partners that support education, community building, and health and wellness including: American Red Cross, Boys & Girls Club of America, Special Olympics, and Habitat for Humanity.