Interactive Database Manager
Department: Marketing & Communications
Reports to: Vice President of Marketing & Communications
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Oversee the entire Dallas Mavericks Salesforce.com CRM and ExactTarget ESP/direct marketing efforts.
- Responsible for setting up campaigns in Salesforce.com, updating all tracking in email templates as well as landing pages.
- Work with various departments to stay ahead of critical key ticket sales and promotional dates by developing and implementing e-mail campaigns i.e. on sales, renewals, special events, game day alerts, tune-in messaging, etc.
- Create quarterly email plans, forecast results and set goals for each campaign.
- Create campaign strategies i.e. A/B testing, and make recommendations for future campaigns based on results.
- Maintain weekly, monthly, quarterly reports on actual results compared to forecast and develop dashboards for the Sales, Marketing and Digital departments.
- Have a project manager mindset to handle and manage multiple email sends and projects while working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Manage a centralized database of record along with the ability of importing data from other data points including web, social, email sign sign-ups, sms opt-ins that generate qualified leads and build stronger customer and business profiles.
- Track and analyze all data sources (Ticketmaster and Salesforce.com) and email campaign activity (Exact Target) in order to improve and implement new ticket purchase trends, increase open and click through rates, expand customer profiles, generate new leads, support new products and offers, etc.
- Identify opportunities with consumer and business segments in creating email promotions for Ticket Sales, Corporate Sales, Marketing Programs and Mavs Merchandise.
- Ensure the integrity of the team’s database by overseeing necessary data hygiene and identification of stagnant profiles and segments.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Salesforce.com and ExactTarget via best practices for future application, updates and designs, consumer trends on visits and spending, etc.
- Work with the NBA database team to ensure our database technologies are adhering to league guidelines and best practices.
- Oversee and manage email vendor relationships.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- A working knowledge of Salesforce.com is a MUST.
- Experience with Exact Target email marketing platform.
- Strong PC skills: Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable with HTML and preferably some CSS.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Photoshop and Dreamweaver.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Experience and Skills:
- Three to five years of CRM/email marketing experience.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited University.
- Communicates well, both verbally and in writing.
- Outstanding listening skills.
- Excellent analytical and management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work well with other people and all internal departments including sales, marketing communications and creative.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work long and irregular hours i.e. game nights on evenings, weekends, and holidays.
All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory background screening.
Qualified candidates may submit a resume and cover letter to the attention to Buddy Pittman either on line to email@example.com, in a word document attachment, or via fax to 214-658-7121.
The Dallas Mavericks are an Equal Opportunity Employer.