Mavs’ Job Opportunities
Intern - Summer/Fall 2013
Position Overview: This is a paid internship and could lend itself to extending beyond the summer months for a local area student. Flexible schedule.
If interested, submit your resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org in a Word document email attachment or fax to 214-658-7121. EOE
We seek a college student majoring in Journalism with experience writing articles, combined with graphics arts skills/software such as Photoshop, Adobe graphics packages, etc. Primary responsibility will be to develop a Company internal Newsletter for the Dallas Mavericks office staff. Individual selected will be charged with collecting news worthy inter-company items of information, organizing the information into a newsletter format and disseminating the information in a timely electronic format.
This is a paid internship and could lend itself to extending beyond the summer months for a local area student.
If interested, submit your resume to : email@example.com in a Word document email attachment or fax to 214-658-7121.
Service and Retention Representative - Dallas Mavericks
Position Overview: Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for the servicing and retention of an existing season ticket account base and generating new business revenue from existing and new accounts through the sale of season tickets, partial plans, group tickets and premium inventory. Position will be focused on maintaining and increasing the overall season ticket renewal percentage of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in Sports Management, Business, Marketing or related field
- 3 or more years of proven sales and/or customer service experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven track record of achieving sales and service goals and maintaining consistent success
- Outgoing personality and excellent relationship building skills with the ability to build relationships via phone calls and face to face meetings
- Positive demeanor to handle and resolve customer concerns as they become present
- Ability to take initiative and dedication in achieving objectives and goals
- Strong work ethic a must
- Must have a team player mentality to ensure everyone is focused on achieving common goals and objectives
- Excellent communication skills including written and verbal
- Ability to attend all home games and work extended hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Dependable and professional attitude to always provide a positive image of the organization
Resumes may be submitted in a Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 214-658-7121.
Ticket Account Executive / Inside Sales Position
If you have excellent written and verbal communication skills, a competitive personality, and a proven track record of inside sales success in a dynamic, high volume outbound sales environment, we invite you to apply for this exciting salary/commission sales position.
- Excellent communication skills.
- 2-4 years of outstanding performance in commission-based sales/telemarketing.
- Strong work ethic and drive to excel.
- Commitment to work as long and hard as necessary to achieve personal and company goals.
- College degree preferred.
Position is salaried plus commission and we offer an outstanding benefit program.
Submit resume with cover letter and salary history to email@example.com in a Word Document attachment format or fax to 214-658-7121.
Interactive Database Manager
Department: Marketing & Communications
Reports to: Vice President of Marketing & Communications
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Oversee the entire Dallas Mavericks Salesforce.com CRM and ExactTarget ESP/direct marketing efforts.
- Responsible for setting up campaigns in Salesforce.com, updating all tracking in email templates as well as landing pages.
- Work with various departments to stay ahead of critical key ticket sales and promotional dates by developing and implementing e-mail campaigns i.e. on sales, renewals, special events, game day alerts, tune-in messaging, etc.
- Create quarterly email plans, forecast results and set goals for each campaign.
- Create campaign strategies i.e. A/B testing, and make recommendations for future campaigns based on results.
- Maintain weekly, monthly, quarterly reports on actual results compared to forecast and develop dashboards for the Sales, Marketing and Digital departments.
- Have a project manager mindset to handle and manage multiple email sends and projects while working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Manage a centralized database of record along with the ability of importing data from other data points including web, social, email sign sign-ups, sms opt-ins that generate qualified leads and build stronger customer and business profiles.
- Track and analyze all data sources (Ticketmaster and Salesforce.com) and email campaign activity (Exact Target) in order to improve and implement new ticket purchase trends, increase open and click through rates, expand customer profiles, generate new leads, support new products and offers, etc.
- Identify opportunities with consumer and business segments in creating email promotions for Ticket Sales, Corporate Sales, Marketing Programs and Mavs Merchandise.
- Ensure the integrity of the team’s database by overseeing necessary data hygiene and identification of stagnant profiles and segments.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Salesforce.com and ExactTarget via best practices for future application, updates and designs, consumer trends on visits and spending, etc.
- Work with the NBA database team to ensure our database technologies are adhering to league guidelines and best practices.
- Oversee and manage email vendor relationships.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- A working knowledge of Salesforce.com is a MUST.
- Experience with Exact Target email marketing platform.
- Strong PC skills: Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable with HTML and preferably some CSS.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Photoshop and Dreamweaver.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Experience and Skills:
- Three to five years of CRM/email marketing experience.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited University.
- Communicates well, both verbally and in writing.
- Outstanding listening skills.
- Excellent analytical and management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work well with other people and all internal departments including sales, marketing communications and creative.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work long and irregular hours i.e. game nights on evenings, weekends, and holidays.
All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory background screening.
Qualified candidates may submit a resume and cover letter to the attention to Buddy Pittman either on line to firstname.lastname@example.org, in a word document attachment, or via fax to 214-658-7121.
The Dallas Mavericks are an Equal Opportunity Employer.