OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES FOR MAVS, UPS AND THE UPS STORE TEACHER RECOGNITION PROGRAM
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN ANY PRIZE. CONTEST VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Contest: The Dallas Mavericks and The UPS Store (herein collectively referred to as “Sponsors” and individually as “Mavs” and “The UPS Store”, respectively) are conducting a contest during the Mavs 2012-2013 NBA regular season looking for students attending schools located within 75-miles of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex to nominate outstanding teachers, who excel in school and in the community, for the Mavs Teacher Recognition Program. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of Valid Entries (as defined below) received.
2. To Enter: The Teacher Recognition Program will begin on February 4, 2013 through 5:00 PM CST on March 22, 2013 (“Closing Date”). This contest is open to all elementary, middle, and high schools schools located within 75-miles of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. To enter, you must legibly complete a Teacher Recognition Nomination Form (“Nomination Form”) and submit the Nomination Form by mail to: The Dallas Mavericks, “Teacher Recognition Program” Award, 2909 Taylor Street, Dallas, TX 75226. A Nomination Form can be obtained from the Mavs website at www.mavs.com. Only entries that meet all the requirements specified in these Official Rules and are received by the Mavs on or before the Closing Date will be considered valid, (“Valid Entry”).
3. Nomination Guidelines: All nominations must be complete and legible. Nominations for teachers must be submitted by a student, principal or parent and must include the school principal’s name for verification. Nominations for teachers must be submitted by the principal of the school where the teacher is employed. Nominations should consider the teacher’s impact in the school, after-school and in the community.
4. Eligibility: Only Valid Entries will be considered. Nominees must be a student, principal or parent currently teaching at a school located within 75-miles of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. Entries must be legible. Children of employees and immediate family members of Sponsors, the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, owners, employees and agents and those residing in the households of such individuals are ineligible.
5. Selection Process: Employees of Sponsor and the Dallas Mavericks will review all Valid Entries and select, in their sole and absolute discretion, ten (10) winners.
6. Prize: Each winner will receive the following:
- Two (2) upper level tickets (valued at $40.00 each) to the Mavs vs. Suns home game at American Airlines Center (the “Game”) on April 10, 2013.
- $1,000 for each winning teacher.
- $1,000 for each winning teacher’s school.
- Recognition on court at halftime of Game.
No responsibility is assumed by the Sponsors for cancelled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled Prize elements. Transportation of winners to and from the Game and any other expenses relating to the Teacher Recognition Program contest not expressly provided herein, are the responsibility of the winner.
7. Winner Notification: A Mavs Community Relations representative will notify the teacher by phone at the number provided on the Nomination Form, on or before April 1, 2013, 4:00 PM, CST. If the winner is awarded the Prize, as described in Section 6, the winner will have three business days from notification of winning to notify the Mavs that winner accepts the Prize and is willing and available to receive the Prize. Within 5 days of the date of the Prize acceptance, the Winner will be required to sign and return the Prize Affidavit and Release Agreement and any other documents required to claim the Prize, as determined by the Sponsors. Failure to respond within three business days of receipt of the Prize notification or failure to return the Prize Affidavit and Release Agreement within the time provided will result in a forfeiture of the Prize which may be awarded to an alternate winner selected from the remaining Valid Entries at the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsors.
8. Restrictions: The Prize or Substitute Prize is non-transferable, and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions of any kind, whether in cash or otherwise. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a Prize or Substitute Prize, or any portion thereof, with a prize of equal or greater value, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion, if a Prize or Substitute cannot be awarded as described herein for any reason.
9. Additional Terms: By participating, entrants agree a) to abide by these Official Rules, and the decisions regarding eligibility, selection of winner, and any other elements of this promotion, which shall be made by the Sponsors in their sole and absolute discretion and whose decisions shall be considered final and binding; b) to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsors, the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, owners, employees and agents from all liability claims, damages and causes of action (however named or described) with respect to or arising out of any losses or injuries to the person, including death, or property, or both, of any person, including, without limitation, any one or more of the entrants which may result, be sustained, or be received by entrants, as a result of either (i) entrants’ participation in the contest or (ii) the receipt, use or misuse of the prize. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete or illegible entries, which shall be void, or for entries that are not processed according to these Official Rules. Sponsors reserve the right to amend or terminate this Contest if any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Rules. 10. Official Winners List: Winners’ names will be posted on the Dallas Mavericks website (www.mavs.com) after April 1, 2013.