WALGREENS 6TH MAN FAN PROMOTION
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. SWEEPSTAKES BEGINS AT 12:01 AM (ET) ON JANUARY 14, 2013 AND ENDS AT 11:59 PM (ET) ON MARCH 24, 2013.
1. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter the sweepstakes: 1) Complete official entry form available at any participating Central Florida Walgreens location and send completed entry to Walgreens 6th Man Fan Promotion, 8701 Maitland Summit Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32810 (a “Form Entry”); or 2) print your name, address, telephone number, and age on a 3" X 5" piece of paper and send completed entry to: Walgreens 6th Man Fan Promotion, 8701 Maitland Summit Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32810 (a “Postcard Entry”). All entries must be received by 11:59 PM (ET) on March 24, 2013 to be eligible for the drawing.
No mechanically reproduced entries or illegible, incomplete, forged or altered entries will be accepted. The Sponsors are not responsible for: (i) late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, delayed, postage due, misaddressed, or misdirected entries or mail. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsors and will not be returned.
2. PRIZES AND ODDS: Eight (8) Grand Prize winners will receive: Four (4) tickets in a hospitality suite for an Orlando Magic home game, which includes dinner and non-alcoholic beverages, a private meet and greet with an Orlando Magic celebrity, four (4) Orlando Magic replica jerseys, recognition on the Jumbotron during the game, and an opportunity to participate in post-game lay-ups on the Orlando Magic court. Approximate retail value of Fifteen Hundred dollars ($1,500). Approximately 5,000 entry forms will be printed; however odds of winning are determined by the number of eligible entries received. All prizes will be awarded (assuming sufficient number of eligible entries). Limit one prize per family or household. Sponsors retain the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value when necessary. Any difference between the stated value and actual value will not be awarded.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to individual legal residents of Florida, who reside within 75 miles of the Amway Center (400 W. Church Street, Orlando, FL 32801) eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the beginning of the sweepstakes, except for employees and their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and members of the same household of the Sponsors, Orlando Magic, Ltd. (“Orlando Magic”), Orlando Events Center Enterprises, LLC, Amway Center, RDV Sports, Inc., the National Basketball Association (“NBA”) and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc. and each of their respective parent organizations, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, owners, advertising and promotion agencies, and agents. Proof of eligibility may be required.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Winners will be determined from among all eligible entries received by a random drawing to be conducted monthly by a representative of the Orlando Magic, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this sweepstakes. Winners will be notified by mail and/or phone.
Monthly drawings will be held on the first Monday of each month for the duration of the sweepstakes. Entries not selected during any monthly drawing will remain eligible for the duration of the sweepstakes. The final drawing will be held on March 27, 2013.
The prizes are not redeemable for cash and may not be transferred or substituted. If by reason of a printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these official rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
5. VERIFICATION OF WINNERS AND DELIVERY OF PRIZES: Winners may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and, where permitted, Publicity Release. Prizes may be awarded to alternate winners selected randomly from other eligible entries if: Affidavit/Release is not returned within ten (10) days after mailing to winners; winners fail to meet the eligibility requirements set forth in Section 3; the prize notification letter(s) or prizes are returned as undeliverable; two (2) attempts to contact winners by phone are unsuccessful; or winners decline the prizes.
6. DISPUTE RESOLUTION
(a) Informal Dispute Resolution. Prior to filing any arbitration proceeding pursuant to paragraph 6(b) hereof, the party intending to file such a proceeding shall notify the other party in writing of the existence and the nature of the dispute. The parties each agree that within ten (10) business days of the other party's receipt of such notice, a representative of each party shall meet for a minimum of one (1) eight (8) hour day, or such shorter period of time if the dispute is more quickly resolved, in Orlando, Florida in order to attempt to amicably resolve the dispute. If such informal dispute resolution attempts prove to be unsuccessful, the notifying party may initiate the dispute resolution procedures available as set forth herein. Each party shall bear its own costs associated with the meeting and in no event shall either party be liable to the other for any costs or expenses incurred as a result of such meeting.
(b) Arbitration. Except as provided in paragraph 6(c) with respect to injunctive proceedings, and paragraph 6(a) with respect to informal dispute resolution, all controversies, disputes or claims arising between the parties arising out of or related to the sweepstakes shall be submitted promptly for arbitration to be conducted in Orlando, Florida, and administered by the American Arbitration Association. Such arbitration proceedings shall be resolved by a single arbitrator selected by mutual agreement of the parties. If the parties are unable to agree on the appointment of the arbitrator to resolve the dispute within thirty (30) days from the date when the request for arbitration initially has been communicated to the other party, such appointment shall be made by the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator shall have the right to award or include in the award any relief deemed proper under the circumstances, including attorneys’ fees and costs incurred by the prevailing party. The award and decision of the arbitrators shall be conclusive and binding upon all parties hereto and judgment upon the award may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. The parties waive any right to contest the validity or enforceability of such award.
(c) Injunctive Relief. The parties acknowledge that violation of these official rules would cause irreparable harm that would not be adequately compensable by monetary damages. In addition to other relief, it is agreed that preliminary and permanent injunctive relief will be available to prevent any actual or threatened violation of such provisions.
7. GENERAL: This sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. The sweepstakes shall in all respects be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, including all matters of construction, validity and performance, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of winners. Winners may be required to sign an IRS form 1099 or the equivalent. By participating in this sweepstakes, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the judges, and warrants that he or she is eligible to participate in the sweepstakes. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant from this sweepstakes or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsors, Orlando Magic, Orlando Events Center Enterprises, LLC, Amway Center, RDV Sports, Inc., the NBA and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc. and each of their respective parent organizations, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, owners, advertising and promotion agencies, and agents if he or she tampers with the entry process or his or her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the sweepstakes. Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, terminate or modify the sweepstakes should any virus, bug, tampering, technical failure, unauthorized human intervention or other cause beyond Sponsors' control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the sweepstakes. The Sponsors are not liable to a winner or to any other person for failure to supply the prizes described herein (or any part thereof) by reason of such prizes (or any portion thereof) becoming unavailable or impracticable to award for reasons beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsors, or for any force majeure event, technical or equipment failure, terrorist acts, labor dispute, or act/omission of any kind (whether legal or illegal), transportation interruption, civil disturbance, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsors. Each entrant agrees to agree to hold harmless and indemnify Sponsors, Orlando Magic, Orlando Events Center Enterprises, LLC, Amway Center, RDV Sports, Inc., the NBA and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc. and each of their respective parent organizations, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, owners, advertising and promotion agencies, and agents (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) from any and all liability, loss or damages or causes of action arising from or in connection with such entrant’s participation in or winners’ receipt or use of the prizes awarded in the sweepstakes. Winners agree to the use of their name, likeness, biographical data, and/or voice in any and all advertising, promotions, and other publicity conducted by the Indemnified Parties, Orlando Magic, Orlando Events Center Enterprises, LLC, Amway Center, RDV Sports, Inc., the NBA and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc. and each of their respective parent organizations, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, owners, advertising and promotion agencies, and agents in any medium without additional authorization, compensation or remuneration to the extent permitted by law. Sponsors are responsible only for delivery of prizes, and not for use, utility, quality or otherwise.
8. WINNERS LIST: To obtain the list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Walgreens 6th Man Fan Promotion, 8701 Maitland Summit Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32810. Requests must be received by April 30, 2013. The list will be sent after selection of winners.
9. SPONSORS: Walgreens, Co. 7003 Presidents Drive, Suite 250, Orlando, FL 32809, Orlando Magic, 8701 Maitland Summit Blvd., Orlando, FL 32810, and Orlando Events Center Enterprises, LLC, 8701 Maitland Summit Blvd., Orlando, FL 32810.