| Post-Audition Interviews|
Alumni Panel Evaluations
Behind the Scenes
| Team Selected|
Dance Team Hopefuls Begin Preparation
Performance Photos: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
If you have a passion for dance, the community, and sports…then this is the perfect job for you! The Orlando Magic Dancers are consistently one of the hottest dance teams in the NBA! Entering their 25th Anniversary season in 2013-2014, team members perform at all home Orlando Magic Games and appear at a combined total of over 250 events in and outside of Central Florida such as entertaining our U.S. Troops overseas, corporate tradeshows, community events and so much more!
SAVE THE DATES AND BECOME A PART OF HISTORY BY AUDITIONING TO BE A MEMBER OF THE 25TH ANNIVERSARY TEAM!
June 24, June 26, July 1, July 3, July 8 and July 10 from 7:45p-10p.
PRE-AUDITION TRAINING CAMP:
Saturday, June 29 from 12:30p-5:30p.
Saturday, July 13 from 9a-5p
Monday, July 15 and Tuesday, July 16 by Appointment
FINALIST BOOT CAMP:
Sunday, July 14 through Tuesday, July 16
Thursday, July 18 from 7p-9p in the Disney Atrium at Amway Center
More Information and Registration forms to be posted soon!
Information Updates and Inquiries:
If you would like to be placed on the audition e-mail list to receive updated information as it becomes available, please e-mail your full name and e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also access real-time updates by following us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/MagicDancers. Phone inquiries may be made by calling 407-916-2675. However, due to the high volume of audition inquiries received throughout the year, we highly recommend submitting any questions you may have via e-mail. The fliers and applications will be e-mailed and placed online as soon as they are available! Thank you for your interest and good luck this summer!
• Female Dancers who are 18 years of age or older by the audition date.
• Must have previous dance training and experience in jazz and hip-hop. Tumbling skills a bonus, but not required!
• Must be available for all phases of the audition process and be prepared to stay as long as necessary (no exceptions!)
• Must provide one non-returnable headshot and one non-returnable full-body shot (5"x7" or larger preferred). Photos are used for identification purposes.
• Professional photo is not mandatory. Photos should be a current representation of what you look like or will look like at the audition.
• Must provide a current dance and professional resume (if applicable).
• Must be of good moral character and successfully complete all pre-employment screening *RDV Sports is a drug-free workplace.
• Must live in Central Florida or be willing to relocate.
• Must have dependable transportation to rehearsals, games, and appearances.
• Must have a flexible schedule and the ability to commit to the Magic Dancers' schedule, which includes but is not limited to attendance at all rehearsals, all designated home games, community, charitable, and corporate event appearances for ONE FULL YEAR. ** If you cannot commit for the next year, please do not audition.**
• Dance or athletic half-top (stomach must be showing)
• Hot pants, dance trunks, or shorts (no full or capri length pants)
• Dance sneakers, tennis shoes, or jazz shoes with non-marking soles
• Flesh tone hose, tights, or fishnets
• Performance ready hair and make-up
What we're looking for:
• Showmanship, personality, energy, and enthusiasm!
• Professionalism and maturity
• Dancers who are well spoken and can represent the Orlando Magic in a professional manner at all times
• Dance technique and style
• Ability to pick up dance choreography quickly
• Consistent positive attitude
• Strong teamwork skills
• Physical fitness and personal appearance
• Ability and desire to commit to the job for ONE FULL YEAR
• A maximum of 20 team members for the 2013-2014 season
Hardrive Productions, 4085 LB McLeod Rd Ste. F-1, Orlando, 32811
Choreographer/Instructor, Pamela Bolling
Classes On-going! Call 407-872-3030 for current class schedules and rates
Spotlight Dance Center, 7751 Kingspointe Parkway, Suite 102, Orlando, 32819
Hip-Hop Choreographer/Instructor, Chris Lupis a.k.a. 'Casper'
Mondays from 6:45p-8:15p, Adult advanced class, $15
Recommended photographers for head shots and full length body shots:
Michael Cairns - Official photographer of the Orlando Magic Dancers!
Wet Orange Studio
Visit http://michaelcairns.com/ for location, rates, and samples of his work.
Tyler Mark Photography
Visit www.TylerMark.com for more information and samples of his work.
Recommended Salon for Styling Needs:
Stella Luca Salon – Official Salon of the Orlando Magic Dancers!
Visit http://www.stellaluca.com/ for more information!
Call 407-740-6711 to make your appointment now.
Styling Team of the 2012-13 Magic Dancers includes: Demarco Mireles, Danielle Schmitz, Michael Rains, Jesse Yeager, Erin Mills, Rachel Castaneda, Samantha Johnson and Joy Ulman
First Round Audition – Saturday, July 13
• $25 application fee (reduced to $15 for attending any of the summer pre-audition classes)
• First round is closed to the public, family, and friends
• All participants must be prepared to stay as late as 8pm (no exceptions)
• You will not need to prepare your own performance routine
• The first round will consist of a series of 2-3 eliminations that will include freestyle, jazz technique, and hip-hop choreography
• A maximum of 30 finalists will advance at the end of this day
• We recommend that you bring snacks, a water bottle, a towel, and items to freshen up between rounds
• Participants will be judged on appearance, fitness, dance ability, style, strength and completion of movement, energy, projection, and potential
Finalist Interviews – Monday, July 15 and Tuesday, July 16 by Appointment
• Each finalist will be interviewed by representatives of the Orlando Magic
• Interviews are designed to learn more about the personality of the candidate
• Finalist will be asked about their ability to commit to a one year contract
• Each interview will last approximately 10-15 minutes per candidate
• Business casual attire preferred
• Interview times will be scheduled following the final elimination in the 1st round
• Finalists will be judged based upon speaking ability, energy, presence, maturity, ability to commit to the job, and over-all impression.
Finalist Boot Camp - Sunday, July 14 through Tuesday, July 16
• Finalists will participate in jazz and hip-hop dance classes taught by guest choreographers
• Finalists will go through intense fitness training classes
• Fitness assessments will be conducted
• All nights of boot camp are mandatory (no exceptions)
• The Magic Dancers Manager, Jeanine Klem-Thomas, will be observing and judging finalists based upon their interaction with the other candidates, their work ethic, their ability to 'get out of their comfort zone', and their overall performance in all planned boot camp activities.
Final Audition – Thursday, July 18 from 7p-9p
• One final opportunity for the finalists to perform the audition routine for the judges panel
• This final audition will be held in the Disney Atrium at Amway Center
• This fun-filled event is free and open to the public, season ticket-holders, family and friends
• The 2013-2014 Orlando Magic Dancers will be announced on this night!
What you can expect if you are hired as a member of the 2013-2014 Orlando Magic Dancers:
• Being a member of one of the NBA's hottest dance teams!
• Experiencing the excitement of performing in front of over 18,000 Magic fans at every home game
• Local and national media exposure – our web-page receives over 150,000 hits per month alone
• Potential travel opportunities! In the past 7 seasons the team has visited Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Iceland, Norway, Poland, Hong Kong, China, Turkey, Taiwan, Puerto Rico, Houston, Las Vegas, Japan, Korea, Indonesia, Singapore, Spain, Italy, Indonesia and more!!
• Making a positive and profound impact in the Central Florida Community by participating in various charitable events and causes
• Enjoying numerous perks such as professional hair makeovers by Stella Luca Salon in Winter Park Village, professional make-up application lessons by MAC, free membership to the RDV Sportsplex Athletic Club, professional photography sessions by Entertainment Photographer Michael Cairns, swimwear provided by Venus, free fitness assessments and access to athletic trainers, and so much more!
• Getting paid for doing something you love!
• Making lifelong friends with your teammates!
• MOST IMPORTANTLY…BEING PART OF THE ACTION IN THE NBA!
Frequently Asked Audition Questions:
• Do current Orlando Magic Dancers have to audition again? YES - All current team members wishing to renew their contract must audition again. No spots on the team are guaranteed.
• Is there a maximum age limit to be a Magic Dancer? NO – The minimum age is 18 but there is no maximum age limit. The current team ranges from 18-29 years of age.
• Are the Magic Dancers paid? YES – This is a paid professional position and the Dancers are paid per game worked, per rehearsal attended, and per paid appearance worked.
• Is being a Magic Dancer a full-time job? NO – Being a Magic Dancer is a part time job that requires a full-time commitment. Hours worked per week vary greatly throughout the year.
• Can I hold a full-time job or be a student while maintaining the Magic Dancers' schedule? YES – As long as you keep your evenings free for games and rehearsals, it is possible to work a full-time professional job or maintain a full-time school schedule. The current team consists of nine university students, nine career professionals and two full-time Mothers.
• How often and when do you practice? Rehearsals are held two-three nights per week beginning as early as 6pm, lasting as late as 10pm. Most rehearsals are held on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays, but Thursday night and weekend rehearsals are scheduled as necessary. On game nights, there are also mandatory pre-game rehearsals at the Arena which begin 2.5 hours prior to tip-off (i.e. 4:30pm for 7pm games).
• How quickly will rehearsals and games begin? There will be a contract meeting the week following the final audition with rehearsals beginning shortly thereafter (this schedule will be distributed during auditions). Games typically begin mid-October with the regular season lasting through April and playoff games lasting as late as June.
For further information or to be placed on the mailing list please call Jeanine Klem-Thomas at 407-916-2675 or e-mail us.
and Assistant Manager Cherie LaRosa