Orlando Magic Career Opportunities - Internships
Thank you for your interest in the Orlando Magic Internship Program. We believe that our internship program is one of the most comprehensive in the sports industry since we currently offer over 15 different opportunities in a variety of departments. Those who are selected to be Orlando Magic interns will acquire practical knowledge through hands-on experience and gain invaluable skills necessary to compete for careers in the sports industry when the program is completed.
• College junior, senior, and graduate level students
• Recent college graduates (up to 18 months following graduation date)
Compensation and Benefits:
• $750 monthly ($346 biweekly) stipend is provided for each full-time Orlando Magic intern
• RDV Sportsplex, state of the art athletic club access
• Game tickets during Magic season (as available)
• 40% discount on Orlando Magic merchandise
• 25% discount at RDV Sportsplex Retail Store
• Relocation and housing expenses are the responsibility of the intern
• Season Internships – September through June
• Summer Internships – Not currently offered
• Company Administrative Hours - M-F, 9a.m.-6p.m.
• Each internship supervisor dictates hours
• Most Interns work all game nights (41 home games + playoffs and finals) which include weekends and holidays
• College of Knowledge- College of Knowledge is a monthly get together for the Orlando Magic interns. Each month, the interns get the opportunity to sit down face-to-face with a member of the Orlando Magic Leadership Team and hear their career story, career advice, and question and answer session. Previous speakers at College of Knowledge sessions have included the Chief Operating Officer, General Manager, Vice President of Brand Marketing and Vice President of Communications. We also provide a workshop on resume writing and interviewing skills. College of Knowledge is a great opportunity for interns to bond with their fellow interns, learn more about the sports industry and network with the Orlando Magic Leadership.
• Intern of the Month- This is a recognition program solely for the interns. Interns nominate their fellow interns and recognize them for a project they might have helped with or for just taking the time to go out of their way to assist each other. A winner is selected each month by the Vice President of Human Resources, and that intern is recognized at College of Knowledge and given a gift card to thank them for all their hard work.
Summary of Each Internship Offered:
While you see some similarities in their descriptions, most of our intern positions differ in their responsibilities and time commitments. For this reason, it is important that you read through each description and carefully choose the position(s), which interest you most.