2013-14 Laker Girl Profiles: Katie
Ten Things About Me
- I was a sprinter on my track & field teams in high school and college. I still enjoy running outside because it makes me feel free.
- I grew up as a competitive figure skater and trained in Lake Placid, New York in the summers at the Olympic Training Center. I worked as a skating teacher during college.
- Other than dogs, my favorite animal is pigs and I plan to own one someday because they are smart, cute, unique, and pink - one of my favorite colors.
- I love all things pumpkin flavored, for example: lattes, tea, pie, cupcakes, ice cream, cream cheese, etc.
- I grew up watching I Love Lucy with my grandma and now own all the episodes on DVD.
- The person I admire most is my mom. She is an inspiration to me because she is loving, a strong woman, and my biggest supporter. She always encouraged my sister and I to go after our dreams.
- I work as a nanny and a dance instructor. I love working with kids because they are innocent, inventive and eager to learn.
- One of my favorite quotes: " The dancer's body is simply the luminous manifestation of the soul." - Isadora Duncan
- I would say my favorite country I've traveled to in the past is Brazil because it is a beautiful country. Not to mention, the Brazilians I met and got to know were very loving, genuine people.
- Hip hop music is great because it makes me feel energized and it makes me feel like dancing.