SEE OTHER LAKERS ALUMNI
Acquired in 1975 from Milwaukee, Abdul-Jabbar spent 14 of his 20 seasons donning the purple and gold. A two-time NBA scoring champion, Abdul-Jabbar is probably best known for his trademark sky hook shot, a move considered unstoppable. He, along with Earvin “Magic” Johnson, helped paved the way for a Lakers dynasty during the 1980s. Together, they led the purple and gold to eight NBA Finals appearances and five titles in that span.
- NBA’s all-time leading scorer (38,387 points)
- Six-time NBA champion (1971, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987-88)
- Six-time NBA Most Valuable Player (1971, 1972, 1974, 1976, 1977, 1980)
- 19-time NBA All-Star (1970-1977, 1979-1989)
- 10-time All-NBA First Team (1971-1974, 1976-1977, 1980-1981, 1984, 1986)
- Los Angeles Lakers #33 jersey retired