Text To Win
“NEW YORK KNICKS TEXT TO WIN SWEEPSTAKES”
NO PURCHASE OR TEXT MESSAGE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR TEXT MESSAGE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. MESSAGE AND DATA RATES MAYAPPLY FOR TEXT MESSAGES SENT AND RECEIVED. MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE FROM ALL SERVICE PROVIDERS OR FOR ALL HANDSETS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY PERIOD: The New York Knicks Text-to-Win Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on November 25, 2012 and ends at 3:00 PM EST on December 10, 2012 (the “Sweepstakes Entry Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, at least 18 years old at time of entry, who reside within a 75-mile radius of Madison Square Garden. Employees (and their immediate families (spouse and parents, children, siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members, whether or not related) of MSG Holdings L.P. (“MSG” or “Sponsor”), Phizzle, The Madison Square Garden Company, The New York Knickerbockers Basketball Club (the “Knicks”), the National Basketball Association and its member teams, NBA Properties, Inc., NBA Media Ventures, Inc. (collectively, "NBA Entities"), and all of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, participating vendors, promotion or advertising agencies, prize contributors or any other company involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are ineligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. By entering, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by and acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including, but not limited to, eligibility requirements, (b) release, indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and all of their respective employees, officers, directors and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) against any and all claims, injury, damage or loses to any person or property arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes and/or use or misuse or redemption of a prize, and (c) agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which are final and binding. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW, AND IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) methods of entry:
(a) Entry Method #1: In order to enter via mobile device, you must have a text messaging capable mobile device from a participating carrier. Using your mobile device, send a text message during the Sweepstakes Period with the keyword “HOOPS”, “TIPOFF”, “WIN” “or “TICKETS” to the short code “564257”and follow instructions to submit your email address, first name and last name to be entered into the Sweepstakes. Approximately eight  text messages will be exchanged between you and Sponsor via this entry method. Text STOP1 to stop and H for help. Message and data rates may apply. Review your Service Agreement with your wireless carrier for complete pricing details. If you text STOP1 before your entry is complete, you will not be entered via this method. Wireless phone or text message service may not be available in all areas.
Regardless of what method of entry is used, all entries must be received by 3:00 PM EST on December 10 , 2012 and there is a limit of one (1) entry per person/mobile phone number. If more than one entry is received by an individual only the first entry will be considered. All entries become the property of Sponsor. Released Parties are not be responsible for late, lost, delayed, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or misdirected entries or text messages or any error, omission, interruption, dilution, defect or delay in operation or transmission on the Internet or any damage to a user’s computer or mobile handset. Sponsor will not acknowledge receipt of entries.
4. PRIZE DRAWING: One (1) potential winner (the “Winner”) will be randomly selected by the Sponsor on December 10, 2012 from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. ALL DECISIONS OF THE SPONSOR ARE FINAL AND BINDING ON ALL MATTERS RELATING TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
5. PRIZE: One (1) Winner will receive two (2) tickets to the basketball game on Thursday, December 13, 2012 against the Los Angeles Lakers at 8:00PM. (the “Prize”). The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Prize is $240.00. The ARV is subject to change based on current market conditions at the time of Prize fulfillment. Any difference between the ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded. The tickets are subject to terms and conditions specified by issuer. All Prize details shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner is solely responsible for all costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use not specifically set forth herein, including, but not limited to, all federal, state and local taxes. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. If the Prize is cancelled or postponed for any reason, Sponsor will have no obligation to award compensation in lieu thereof, and Sponsor will have no further obligation to the Winner. Prize cannot be assigned, transferred, changed, or redeemed for cash except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. .
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential Winner will be notified on December 10, 2012 by telephone, at the mobile phone number given at the time of entry. The Potential Winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The Potential Winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within 24 hours of the date of notice in order to claim his/her prize and become an official winner (“Knicks Text to Win Sweepstakes”). If a Potential Winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within the required time period, the Potential Winner forfeits the Prize. In the event that a Potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsors will award the Prize to an alternate Potential Winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Promotional Period. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winner for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason Sponsor deems necessary.
7. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s consent to Sweepstakes Entities and their respective designees to use his/her name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown and state for promotional, publicity and/or trade purposes in any and all media, in any manner, now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further payment or consideration, notification or permission.
8. GENERAL: ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH WINNER OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES INTO DISREPUTE (IN SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES' SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
Released Parties assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error, which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason which Sponsor, in its sole opinion, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, the Prize may be awarded, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to a winner to be randomly selected from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up until time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. The use of software, computer programs, or other means to generate automated online or text message entries or to other subvert the entry process are prohibited and any individual who uses or attempts to use such methods to enter will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Sponsor reserves the right to restrict entries from any IP address if a suspicious activity is detected. Any attempt by any individual to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to seek damages (including attorneys’ fees) and other remedies from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By participating, each entrant further agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or the prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of New York or the appropriate New York State Court located in New York; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, and in no event will entrant be permitted to obtain attorneys' fees or other legal costs and (c) under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
NONCOMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION.
9. WINNER’S NAME: To obtain the name of the Winner (available after December 10, 2012), please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope marked “Winners List” by January 2, 2013 to: “New York Knicks Text to Win Sweepstakes”, c/o Engagement Marketing, L.P., 16th Floor, 2 Penn Plaza, New York, NY 10121.
10. SPONSOR: MSG Holdings, L.P., 2 Penn Plaza, New York, NY 10121.