Summer League Sweeps Rules
NY KNICKS “SUMMER LEAGUE MVP” SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins at 9:00am Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 23, 2014 and ends at 5:00pm ET on July 25, 2014 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, at least 18 years old at time of entry, who reside within a 75-mile radius of Madison Square Garden. Sweepstakes is void outside this area and where prohibited by law. Directors, employees, and the immediate family (spouse, parent, sibling, children, grandparent or grandchildren and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and/or household members of individuals, whether or not related, employed by MSG Holdings, L.P. (“MSG” or “Sponsor”), the New York Knickerbockers Basketball Club (the “Knicks”), the National Basketball Association and its member teams, NBA Properties, Inc., NBA Media Ventures, Inc. (collectively, “NBA Entities”) and all of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, advertising and promotional agencies, are ineligible to participate. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or Facebook. By submitting an entry in this Sweepstakes, and except for information required independently by Twitter and/or Facebook, you understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsors and not Twitter or Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for Sweepstakes administration. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. TO ENTER: Limit one (1) entry per person/Twitter account/Facebook account/household.
During the Sweepstakes Period, you can enter in one of the following ways:
(a) if you don’t already follow the Knicks on Twitter, visit twitter.com/nyknicks and click on the icon to follow the Knicks. Once you have signed up to follow the Knicks, entrants must look for our tweet on Twitter and reply making sure to include: (a) the name of the Knicks Summer League player that you vote for as MVP; and (b) the hashtag #KnicksSL14MVP.
(b) Visit www.facebook.com/nyknicks and locate the post on the Knicks Facebook page asking entrants to post which Knicks Summer League player that you vote for as MVP and post your reply to the post. Entrants must also click on the link provided and follow the online instructions to complete an entry form to be entered into the Sweepstakes.
You can “unfollow” the Knicks at any time after completion of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to allow for minor deviations from the guidelines and restrictions set forth herein, based on clear intent to comply with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process are void. Submissions received from any person or email address in excess of this limitation will be void. All submissions become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
PROHIBITED CONTENT: Submissions may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that:
• is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
• promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
• is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
• appears to duplicate any other submitted submission;
• defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about Sponsor, its products or services, other people or companies;
• contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, without permission, to the extent permission is necessary;
• contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including music, photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission, to the extent permission is necessary;
• contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person (living or dead), such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without permission, to the extent permission is necessary;
• communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will with which Sponsor wishes to associate; and/or
• violates any law.
Submission must be the original work of the entrant, may not have been previously published, may not have won previous awards, and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. If a submission contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant, and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the submission, any and all releases, permissions and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the submission by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules, including, without limitation, permissions from any person who is mentioned in, appears in or is identifiable in the submission and permissions from any person who took the photograph or filmed the video of the entrant. Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any entrant at any time. Failure to provide such proof may, if requested, render submission null and void. By submitting a submission, entrant warrants and represents that he/she and any persons who are mentioned in, appearing or identifiable in the submission consent to the submission and use of the submission in the Sweepstakes and to its use as otherwise set forth herein.
By submitting a submission, entrant represents and warrants that the submission conforms to these Official Rules and understands that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify the submission for any reason, including if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the submission fails to conform to these Official Rules in any way or otherwise contains unacceptable content as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
USE OF SUBMISSIONS: By submitting a submission, entrant hereby grants to Sponsor a nonexclusive license to reproduce, distribute, display, perform, create derivative works based upon, or otherwise exploit the submission in any manner or media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising, promotional and other purposes, without further compensation, notification or permission. Entrant agrees that Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for any unauthorized use of submissions by third parties. Sponsor has no obligation to make use of the rights granted herein.
4. SELECTION OF WINNER: One (1) potential winner will be selected at random from among all eligible entries at the end of the Sweepstakes (the “Potential Winner”). If the Potential Winner entered via Twitter, the Potential Winner will be notified via Twitter, and Sponsor will send the Potential Winner a message from the Knicks Twitter Pageto Potential Winner’s Twitter account used to enter the Sweepstakes with instructions on how to claim the prize. In order to receive a message from Sponsor, entrant must (a) be following one of the Knicks Twitter Page (b) have his or her account settings set to “unprotected” and/or “public,” and (c) list his/her current location as somewhere in the New York, New Jersey or Connecticut area on Twitter. If the Potential Winner entered via Facebook, he/she will be contacted via email or phone. If Potential Winner does not respond and comply with the instructions within three (3) days after Sponsor send the message or contacts them via e-mail or phone, he/she will forfeit the prize and Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place in a random drawing of all eligible entries received for the drawing at issue. Potential Winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Potential Winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within 24 hours of the date of notice in order to claim his/her prize and become an official winner (“Official Winner”). If a prize or prize notification is returned as undelivered, a Potential Winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within the required time period or is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the Potential Winner may be disqualified and forfeits the prize. In the event that a Potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may award the prize to an alternate Potential Winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
5. PRIZE: One (1) Official Winner will receive an autographed summer team basketball (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $750).
Actual ARV of autographed item may vary based on market fluctuation. Players who will autograph the basketball will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Official Winner will be responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees and other costs and expenses associated with Prize receipt and/or use that are not expressly included in the Prize description. No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of any prizes permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute prize or prize component with cash or another prize of comparable or greater value. All prize details are at Sponsor’s discretion.
6. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Official Winner’s consent to Sponsor and its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies and their designees to use his/her name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown and state for advertising and promotional purposes, in any manner, in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further payment or consideration, notification or permission.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered or garbled entries or emails or postage-due, damaged or illegible mail; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitations, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing entries, the announcement of the prize, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize at random from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses.
9. RELEASE/LIMITS OF LIABILITY: By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant and the Official Winner agrees to release and hold harmless Twitter, Facebook, MSG Holdings, L.P., the Knicks, the NBA Entities, their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees and all others associated with the development and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Sweepstakes or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any Prize awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
10. DISPUTES: Each entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of New York or the appropriate New York State Court located in New York; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes and in no event will entrant be permitted to obtain attorneys' fees or other legal costs; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
11. SWEEPSTAKES SPONSOR: MSG Holdings, L.P., 2 Penn Plaza, New York, NY 10121.
12. WINNER’S NAME: For the name of the Official Winner or a copy of these Official Rules, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: NY Knicks “Summer League MVP” Sweepstakes, 2 Penn Plaza, 14th Floor, New York, NY 10121 by August 25, 2014. Please specify Winner’s Name or Rules Request.