Knicks Starting 5 Plan
Catch the Knicks during the month of January with the Starting 5 Plan. Attend 5 games for $299 and use mobile entry to see the Knicks in action. Starting 5 Plan includes:
- January 9 vs. New Orleans
- January 12 vs. Chicago at 8:00 PM
- January 16 vs. Atlanta at 1:00 PM
- January 21 vs. Phoenix
- January 27 vs. Charlotte
All games start at 7:30pm EST, unless otherwise noted.
Specific seats locations will be provided approximately 5-7 hours prior to tip-off; individual Starting 5 Plans are then transferable.
How does your Starting 5 Plan work?
- The Starting 5 Plan has officially sold out
- Starting 5 Plan purchasers must REGISTER their pass through the Official New York Knicks app
- Receive your seat location 5-7 hours before game time*
- Scan your mobile pass for admission to Madison Square Garden on game day
- Enjoy the game and let's go Knicks
Location services do not need to be enabled. Fans will receive a text message to accept their seat location each game day. Fans can also go to the Starting 5 Plan tab in the mobile app to view their barcodes and accept their seat location each game day.
Starting 5 Plan FAQ
How many Starting 5 Plans can I buy?
- You can buy up to four passes per account (note: all passes must be purchased in one transaction in order to sit together each game).
If I buy a pair of passes, how can my guest get his/her pass?
- All passes will be delivered to the phone that registers the pass. If you purchase two passes, for example, admission and seat assignments for both passes will be delivered to your phone. You and your guest will need to arrive at Madison Square Garden together. Alternatively, once you receive your specific seat locations (within 5-7 hours of tip-off*), you can transfer a seat location to your friend and she/he can enter using their own phone.
Can I get a refund for unused tickets?
- No. Starting 5 Plans are non-refundable.
Digital Pass Technology
When I click on the link to access my pass via the Official New York Knicks App, nothing is happening. What do I do?
- You may be experiencing trouble with your mobile signal. First, make sure WiFi is enabled on your phone. When inside MSG, please select FREE MSG WIFI. Then try accessing your Starting 5 Plan again. If the problem persists, close and reopen the app as a troubleshooting technique.
Which phones support the Starting 5 Plan?
- The pass is supported by iPhones and Android phones. The Official New York Knicks App must also be downloaded for use of the pass. If you have any problems, you can e-mail us at email@example.com.
Can I use an iPod touch, iPad, or Android Tablet?
- No, we only support iPhones and Android phones, not iPods, iPads, or Tablets.
Why do I need to use an iPhone or Android phone?
- Starting 5 Plan is a mobile-only program integrated with the Official New York Knicks App. There are no printed tickets. Admission to Madison Square Garden and seat assignments will be managed through the app.
Can I purchase the pass if I don’t have an iPhone or Android phone?
- Not at this time. You will be unable to enter Madison Square Garden.
Entering Madison Square Garden
How do I get into Madison Square Garden with my pass?
- Access your pass via the Official New York Knicks App the day of each game. This will provide you with a digital barcode that you can use to scan for admission to Madison Square Garden. The ticket taker will scan the barcode on your phone for entry.
How does my guest scan in with my Starting 5 Plan?
- All barcodes will be on one device inside the Official New York Knicks App. If you have a group of two, for example, both barcodes can be scanned from one device. You and your guest will need to arrive at Madison Square Garden together. Alternatively, once you receive you seat locations (within 5-7 hours of tip-off*), you have the ability to transfer a seat location to your friend and she/he can enter using their own phone.
What should I do if I have a problem the day of the game when I am at Madison Square Garden?
- Please go to the Madison Square Garden Box Office located on the 7th Ave. side of the arena. Garden staff will be available at Will Call Window #1 to assist you.
Starting 5 Plan Seat Locations
Where can I expect to sit each game with my Starting 5 Plan?
- Seat locations will vary by game, depending on availability. Your seat location/s will most likely be in the 200, 300 or 400 level, although a limited number of seats may become available in the 100 level.
How do I get my seat location(s)?
- You will receive a text alert within 5-7 hours* of tip-off to accept your specific seat locations. Once accepted, seat locations will automatically be added to the Official Knicks Mobile App on your phone, accessible via the Starting 5 Plan tile.
What if I lose the text message with my Starting 5 Plan?
- If you can’t access your pass, simply access the Official New York Knicks App and tap on the Starting 5 Plan tile. Additionally, you can email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time to receive an immediate support response.
Can I share my pass with someone else?
- Yes! Simply tap the Send button located below the barcode and send the link to your guest(s)! Barcodes can only be scanned once, so be sure you only send one barcode to each guest!
Can I transfer my pass?
- Yes! Passes can only be transferred after specific seat locations have been assigned (as a reminder, seat locations are assigned within 5-7 hours* of tip-off).
*Note, text alerts for the game on 1/16 vs. Atlanta will begin the day prior due to the nature of the early start of the game (1pm).