Kings Announce 2010-11 Regular Season Schedule
KINGS TO OPEN 2010-11 SEASON ON OCTOBER 27TH
Kings Featured on National Television Seven Times
SACRAMENTO, CA, August 10, 2010 -- The Sacramento Kings will open the 2010-11 regular season on the road for the seventh consecutive year when they travel to Minnesota for a tilt against the Timberwolves on Wednesday, October 27th (5 pm PST) in the first of a three-game road trip, which also includes stops in New Jersey (Friday, October 29th) and Cleveland (Saturday, October 30th).
Having been featured on national television quite often in the early 2000’s, the Kings will make seven such appearances this year for the first time since the 2006-07 season. Sacramento will be featured once on ESPN, twice on TNT and four times on NBATV during the 2010-11 campaign. Four out of the seven national broadcasts will originate from ARCO Arena when the Kings take on the Los Angeles Lakers (November 3rd on ESPN), New Orleans Hornets (November 21st on NBATV), Denver Nuggets (January 6th on TNT) and Oklahoma City Thunder (March 11th on NBATV). The three nationally televised road games include contests against the Los Angeles Clippers (November 25th on TNT), Atlanta Hawks (January 17th on NBATV) and Portland Trail Blazers (January 24th on NBATV).
The Kings host the Toronto Raptors at ARCO Arena in their season home opener on Monday, November 1st (7 pm) in the first of a four-game homestand, highlighted by an outing versus Kobe Bryant and his NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers on Wednesday, November 3rd (7:30 pm). The Kings’ last home opener versus the Raptors occurred at the start of the 2004-05 season. Sacramento last opened up on the road against the Timberwolves during the 2006-07 campaign.
Notable teams making early ARCO Arena appearances include the Utah Jazz, featuring Deron Williams (Monday, November 22nd), Miami Heat and their newly formed trio of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh (Saturday, December 11th), Yao Ming and his Houston Rockets that feature a pair of former Kings players in Kevin Martin and Brad Miller (Sunday, December 19th) and Denver Nuggets, powered by Carmelo Anthony and Chauncey Billups (Thursday, January 6th).
Sacramento’s season finale will take place at home when they battle the Los Angeles Lakers at ARCO Arena on Wednesday, April 13th.
The Kings have a ticket plan for every fan, including season passes for less than $17 per game. Call 888-91-KINGS or log-on to Kings.com/tickets
Following are key facts regarding the Kings’ 2010-11 regular season schedule:
- By month, the schedule breaks down as follows: October (0 home, 3 away = 3 total), November (10 home, 3 away = 13 total), December (8 home, 5 away = 13 total), January (6 home, 10 away = 16 total), February (6 home, 7 away = 13 total), March (7 home, 9 away = 16 total), April (4 home, 4 away = 8 total).
- By day, the schedule breaks down as follows: Monday (7 home, 5 away = 12 total), Tuesday (6 home, 5 away = 11 total), Wednesday (11 home, 8 away = 19 total), Thursday (2 home, 1 away = 3 total), Friday (4 home, 11 away = 15 total), Saturday (6 home, 6 away = 12 total), Sunday (5 home, 5 away = 10 total).
- The Kings’ longest homestand is five games versus Houston (Sunday, December 19th), Golden State (Tuesday, December 21st), Milwaukee (Thursday, December 23rd), Los Angeles Clippers (Monday, December 27th) and Memphis (Wednesday, December 29th) at ARCO Arena.
- Sacramento embarks on seven road trips of three or more games in length. The longest is a six-game journey with stops in Toronto (Sunday, January 9th), Washington (Tuesday, January 11th), Boston (Wednesday, January 12th), New York (Friday, January 14th), Detroit (Saturday, January 15th) and Atlanta (Monday, January 17th).
- Of the 17 sets of back-to-back games, 10 are of the away-away variety, five are away-home and two are of the home-away category. There are no home-home back-to-backs slated for the 2010-11 campaign.
- There are four morning/early afternoon contests (prior to 2 p.m. PST) on the Kings’ 2010-11 schedule, which are all road games at Toronto (10 am, Sunday, January 9th), Atlanta (1 pm, Tuesday, January 17th), Minnesota (12:30 pm, Sunday, March 20th) and Philadelphia (9 am, Sunday, March 27th).
- The Kings will host four Sunday games with a start time of 3 pm versus Detroit (November 14th), New Orleans (November 21st), Houston (December 19th) and Utah (April 3rd).
- Sacramento’s 41-game home schedule features 15 weekend contests at ARCO Arena.
- The Kings handed the Memphis Grizzlies a 127-116 defeat in last season’s home opener at ARCO Arena. This season marks only the second time Sacramento has faced the Toronto Raptors in their home opener. The Kings recorded a 108-92 win over the Raptors in Sacramento’s 2004-05 home opener.
- Sacramento suffered a 102-89 loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder in last year’s road opener at the Ford Center. This season marks only the third time the Kings have played the Minnesota Timberwolves in their road opener. Sacramento lost a 92-83 contest against the Timberwolves in the first game of the 2006-07 season and also fell 114-111 to Minnesota in their 1999-00 road opener (in Japan).
- The Kings have opened the season on the road in each of the past six campaigns, playing three or more games. This marks the seventh straight such season.
- Sacramento will play the Los Angeles Lakers in the 2010-11 season finale, marking the sixth-such outing during the Sacramento era (three times on the road and three at home).
- The Kings will play on three national holidays when they take on the Los Angeles Clippers on Thanksgiving (Thursday, November 25th), Denver Nuggets on New Year’s Day (Saturday, January 1st) and Atlanta Hawks on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (Monday, January 17th).
Check it out: 2010-11 Kings regular season schedule
About Maloof Sports and Entertainment:
Maloof Sports & Entertainment includes the Sacramento Kings and ARCO Arena. Owned by the Maloof family with long-term, local partners, the organization is committed to being a contributing member of the Sacramento community. Teaming up with local leaders and non-profit organizations to give back to those in need throughout the region, MS&E has donated millions of dollars to charity in 11 years of Maloof family ownership. For more information about Maloof Sports & Entertainment, please visit kings.com, arcoarena.com or call 916-928-0000.